• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parting out a 1979 Bronco What are the good parts to keep for our early Broncos ?

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am getting ready to scrap an old 1979 plow Bronco that I have sitting around. What are the good parts to keep for our early Broncos?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Steering box is the hard to find part for a 4x4x2

Front axle, rear axle are of use for 'full width' swap.

Transfer case is an NP205

Radius arms are usable.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Radius arms
Tilt column if it has one

What engine does the '79 Bronco have? 400?

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steering box is the hard to find part for a 4x4x2

Front axle, rear axle are of use for 'full width' swap.

Transfer case is an NP205

Radius arms are usable.

Do you have any idea of the value on these parts? I already sold the radius arms cause the caps had a lobe for an extra shock mount... I got $150 for the set.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Steering box $200 (at least)

Front axle, rear axle $1000 for the pair

Transfer case NP205 $200 (seen for $250 on CL)

Would be what I'd ask for from a Bronco brother, maybe more on CL.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Does it have a brown center console in it by chance?Nice brown or red padded dash or white wagon wheels the ford factory ones with black centers?

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Going to echo what has been said:

Steering box!
Front and rear axles
NP205
Center console - they are hard to find
Tilt column

That's about it for our EBs. The rear tailgate should sell quickly if in good shape and the rear glass brings $50. The emblems could sell on Ebay or locally. If your interior has a cool rarer color like jade green then someone is probably looking for door panels, rear inner panels, seats, etc.

PaveBronco

X2 on all that stuff and the steering box fits in one of those 'if it fits, it ships boxes'...I say "fits" because it sort of does and you have to wrap the crap out of it with packing tape...after that...wrap it some more...

maybe wrong but intermittent wiper switch...I think?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If you don't pull the front axle the knuckles out work for a disc brake swap on the eb dana 44

You can take the knuckles out for a disk brake swap and still sell the high pinion housing too.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
The duraspark module, the steering column maybe the windshield washer bottle. Driveshafts if you want to chop them down. radius arms. Front coil springs if you want a stiff ass 2 inch lift.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does it have a brown center console in it by chance?Nice brown or red padded dash or white wagon wheels the ford factory ones with black centers?

Most of the interior is pretty trashed....

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What about the front shock and spring mounts? It looks like they unbolt from the frame. I thought I remembered somebody using them on one of their builds but I don't know if it was from this year truck or not .

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what about the steering shaft? Looks like the length is adjustable would it work in an EB?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
what about the steering shaft? Looks like the length is adjustable would it work in an EB?

It can be, depends on what steering box you use.
4x4x2 yes.
Original no, the spline count and size are wrong.
Not sure about others.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
What about the front shock and spring mounts? It looks like they unbolt from the frame. I thought I remembered somebody using them on one of their builds but I don't know if it was from this year truck or not .

There is an F250 mount that gets used, don't know about the big Bronco/F150 mount.