• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F250 Shock Mounts

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I will be install F250 shock mounts this weekend. thinking I may go as high as I can. I have a 3" body lift so I have plenty of room.
does anyone have any pics of their mounts installed?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I don't have pics but if you want to mount em up high cut the stock mount a few inches above the frame for extra support. I haven't put mine on yet but there were some posts about it before

75Bronc

I have 3.5" suspension lift and duff long arms. When I went with Billstein 7100 series shocks, the 12" SB was a too short and the 14" short body works but I wish my mount was just a little bit higher. I mounted my F250 mounts before the long arms. The long arms moved the mount down a little so I changed from 12" to 14" shocks. If I would have done the mounts and arms at the same time, I would have put my 250 mounts higher.

So moral of the story. Mount them as high as you can while keeping them strong.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
search function is a great help as well Good luck bud

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I don't have pics but if you want to mount em up high cut the stock mount a few inches above the frame for extra support. I haven't put mine on yet but there were some posts about it before
I was kind of thinking that

Thanks Dave, I searched and searched and didn't come up with much.

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I have 3.5" suspension lift and duff long arms. When I went with Billstein 7100 series shocks, the 12" SB was a too short and the 14" short body works but I wish my mount was just a little bit higher. I mounted my F250 mounts before the long arms. The long arms moved the mount down a little so I changed from 12" to 14" shocks. If I would have done the mounts and arms at the same time, I would have put my 250 mounts higher.

So moral of the story. Mount them as high as you can while keeping them strong.
Thank you, I did just install the duff long arms:cool:
next will be shock selection

ransil

Bronco Guru
i would check you shock length , then measure the compressed and extended suspension mount them so they are not the bump stop or limiting strap

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I was kind of thinking that

Thanks Dave, I searched and searched and didn't come up with much.

Wasn't a whole lot via search.. surprised me too. Know I've seen it discussed a few times who knows

Good luck

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i would check you shock length , then measure the compressed and extended suspension mount them so they are not the bump stop or limiting strap

Amen to that.
I put them on the white Bronco installed high and now shocks that should be long enough are too short.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I can try to find a picture but I don't use F250 mounts anymore but I literally set the end of my F250 mount on top of the frame real and I used handle iron on each side welded on for support. , This allowed the top of the shock mount with a 2 and a 1/2 inch body lift to be within an 8th of an inch of the inner Fender. This was perfect for 14" bilstein 7000 series w/ remote reservoirs
This worked perffect for me.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Still had the FoMoCo sticker after 20+ years

This picture was taken literally one hour before I cut the shock tower and the coil Spring tower out prior to the D60 and ORI build.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_7960.jpg
    IMG_7960.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 75

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I extended the F-250 mounts 2" by using three mounts, and cutting them to extend two. I have a 2" body lift and I'm running the 14" short bodies.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 56

75Bronc

Mark, can you give more info on how you extended your f250 mounts??

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I took one mount, cut the top off of it. I took another, cut 2” down from the top. I took that 2” piece and welded it to the first mount, making it 2” taller than stock. Then l cut 4” off the third mount and welded it to the mount that I cut 2” off. Ending up with 2 mounts, 2” taller than stock. Sounds confusing, but very simple. I ground all the welds smooth and you can’t even tell they’ve been extended.

Mark