• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motivation Thread Lets do This!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
blasted a few parts today, waiting on eastwood satin black exhaust paint

Attachments

• manifolds.JPG
    manifolds.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 22

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
i need to get to OCBR so i can meet all you guys. here is an updated photo, since clean up day. hope to get fuel line and tank finished this week. will wire the motor up as i go. brakes will follow or at least back, fronts are done.

Would be great man...

I'm usually in MS for family thing day before father's day every year in June, if someone wants to put a meet/greet together around that time..

BigOrsnge

Contributor
Wait, there are MS people here??? I'm stuck right now. Frustrated really. I see all of these full frame off rebuilds and I don't have the equipment/money to handle that. It stinks to feel like you're half-arsing something. Luckily, it's in pretty decent shape (is just ugly from the bad paint and a little rust here and there.

Starters:

- Cut off trailer hitch that was welded to frame so I can replace a bad gas tank.
- Replace a busted brake line.
- Clean/remove light rust from undercarriage and convert
- Repair/replace the two bad rust issues
- Grind the body tub to remove old floor covering and prepare for bedliner

That's my starting points....

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Wait, there are MS people here??? I'm stuck right now. Frustrated really. I see all of these full frame off rebuilds and I don't have the equipment/money to handle that. It stinks to feel like you're half-arsing something. Luckily, it's in pretty decent shape (is just ugly from the bad paint and a little rust here and there.

Starters:

- Cut off trailer hitch that was welded to frame so I can replace a bad gas tank.
- Replace a busted brake line.
- Clean/remove light rust from undercarriage and convert
- Repair/replace the two bad rust issues
- Grind the body tub to remove old floor covering and prepare for bedliner

That's my starting points....
Man I here a you but at least it looks like you have the skills to do the job. I am just a novice.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Guys I got the flu nasty stuff so I have not been able to do anything been down . I hope no one gets this crap. I was able to get some of the garage clean . Anyways keep at it guys

BigOrsnge

Contributor
Man I here a you but at least it looks like you have the skills to do the job. I am just a novice.

I'm not that skilled but I've fooled with and watched my dad fool with this thing since I was 6 or 7. But these things are pretty basic and they're not difficult to deal with for the most part. I'm just a shade tree mechanic that's not even great at that. There's a lot of info here and online to help too.
I'd love to pull the body and do some things but without the tools/equipment that's a no go.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru

be careful taking the tank out that is how I got into this frame off restomod thing, it is a deep, deep dark hole. But wait I think I see some light.........................

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I'm not that skilled but I've fooled with and watched my dad fool with this thing since I was 6 or 7. But these things are pretty basic and they're not difficult to deal with for the most part. I'm just a shade tree mechanic that's not even great at that. There's a lot of info here and online to help too.
I'd love to pull the body and do some things but without the tools/equipment that's a no go.
Yeah I have limited space as well

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Just gotta tackle one thing at a time...

Howdy from Canton, MS :D back home in MS for a couple days

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I GET DISTRACTED EASILY.....one of my other toys and making progress...my spare polished!

Attachments

• T.jpg
    T.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 52
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 39
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 34

Cooper

Loc.
Northeast
Man, love that toy bronco !! Is it RC and did you build it ?
The slots look darn sharp too !

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
RC, it's Radio Shack Mangler body on a Tamiya lunch box chassis..

thanks! the wheel did come out really good!

BigOrsnge

Contributor
Got my Marti back.

1973 (March) Burnt Orange Bronco w/Explorer pkg

Will be replacing some gaskets and cleaning the under carriage for rust clean up and sealing this weekend. May get to replace the gas tank if the weather doesn't mess me up.

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Got my Marti back.

1973 (March) Burnt Orange Bronco w/Explorer pkg

Will be replacing some gaskets and cleaning the under carriage for rust clean up and sealing this weekend. May get to replace the gas tank if the weather doesn't mess me up.
Great let's do this

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
“Start where you are.Use what you have.Do what you can. ~#Friyay #AurthurAshe