• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sowega 2017 has been canceled do to flooding and tornado

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well, I am not ready like Bax. I just tore the rear end apart today. It started roaring so time for some repairs and upgrades.

Well get after it Lane. Part of making America great again is doing the work.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well get after it Lane. Part of making America great again is doing the work.

I ordered the parts last night. Should be back together next weekend I hope. Upgrading to a true trac while I am there.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That's funny. My wife is from Valdosta and she pronounces it All-Benny!

I grew up in that area too. Benny or buh-knee was ok for the pronunciation but "al" would get you some funny looks.....

my mom lives in boston and I really need a vacation and get away. wish it was longer than a day. hmmmm wheels a turnin

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
my mom lives in boston and I really need a vacation and get away. wish it was longer than a day. hmmmm wheels a turnin

I've driven thru there many times...... they have their own little Boston mini-Marathon.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
you didn't get stopped by a cop did you:-X

Haha....no, but I have heard its bad there. Tift county was really bad the deputies all knew me by name there. They would pull me over and say "You heading back to Atlanta? Take this with you......."

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Going buy the Uhaul place in town next week to take a look at the trailers. Quick question. Are you able to move the Bronco further back on the trailer to lighten the tounge weight? Reason I ask is that I have a lowered truck I'll be using and probably going to have to distribute the weight a little...

Im up in the air to stay two nights...does most people stay over Sat night?? Is the trail ride at night or do yall come back to the hill at dusk??? It was mentioned that most stay at the Holiday Inn...I cant seem to find one on google maps...

I towed mine last year with my z71 and had to flip the hitch to keep it from possibly dragging. It's a very heavy trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I towed mine last year with my z71 and had to flip the hitch to keep it from possibly dragging. It's a very heavy trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is what I was going to do, flip my reese hitch..thats how I tow my boat. When you say the trailer is heavy are you referring to your personal trailer or Uhaul trailer?? The Uhaul trailer looks pretty light...since Im on the subject, I could probably put the Bronco on front towards the back of the trailer to distribute the weight better??...Never towed a vehicle so a little worried....

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is what I was going to do, flip my reese hitch..thats how I tow my boat. When you say the trailer is heavy are you referring to your personal trailer or Uhaul trailer?? The Uhaul trailer looks pretty light...since Im on the subject, I could probably put the Bronco on front towards the back of the trailer to distribute the weight better??...Never towed a vehicle so a little worried....

Make sure you retain some tongue weight in the truck or it could
"Fish tail" and to much weight can cause problems as well. Get someone to watch the tow tow hitch as you load it. It will go up when you first start on the trailer with the bronco then level out as you pull further up and then go down a little when you start putting weight on the tongue.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It's been a while, but I think the way the U-haul trailers are set up you have to pull the vehicle all the way to the front stop. I'd be leery of hauling it backwards.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Booked my hotels. I am still ready. Got a rally race the week before. What ever I break I hope I can get fixed in a week.

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Make sure you retain some tongue weight in the truck or it could
"Fish tail" and to much weight can cause problems as well. Get someone to watch the tow tow hitch as you load it. It will go up when you first start on the trailer with the bronco then level out as you pull further up and then go down a little when you start putting weight on the tongue.
Thanks..

Well I did a once over of my drivetrain and replaced a u joint so I should be good to go for the trip....On some of the pics from years before it looks like people pull there Bronco's on trailers to the pits?? Is this recommended or could I just leave my truck/trailer at the hotel (Im coming back Sat night). Also all Im running is my main tank, do I need to bring gas with me or is there a gas station near by?? I don't know if the trail ride and the pits are at the same place...Thanks

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama

The listed weight of the auto hauler from u haul i think is 2200 lbs. If feels much heavier than that. I think the tongue weight is just much more than a standard trailer. I now have my own 18' trailer and it doesn't feel near as heavy.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Thanks..

Well I did a once over of my drivetrain and replaced a u joint so I should be good to go for the trip....On some of the pics from years before it looks like people pull there Bronco's on trailers to the pits?? Is this recommended or could I just leave my truck/trailer at the hotel (Im coming back Sat night). Also all Im running is my main tank, do I need to bring gas with me or is there a gas station near by?? I don't know if the trail ride and the pits are at the same place...Thanks

Mark,
Sand in the morning, lunch, and then river run. I think you will be fine with just your main tank, but fill up at lunch time. I left my trailer at the hotel last year and drove the Bronco every where.
Tyler

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Mark,
Sand in the morning, lunch, and then river run. I think you will be fine with just your main tank, but fill up at lunch time. I left my trailer at the hotel last year and drove the Bronco every where.
Tyler

Thanks Tyler, that was what I was wanting to do. I'm assuming everyone is going to be at the Holiday Inn??
Going to look at the Uhaul trailers this week to see exactly how heavy they may be...My truck is LOW.. Not as much as a car, but still worried about it. I'm trying to get a buddy to go with me and if he does we might take his truck..then no worries..