• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wimbledon White Powder Coat

SamD

Has anyone located a source for Wimbledon White Powder Coat?

I have access to Powder Coat equipment and I would like to Powder Coat my stock wheels To match my top.

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Cardinal powder BG-01 almond. I use it on all my whimbleton white requests. It's the closest I've found.
My wheels are powder the top is paint. I think the top is just a bit lighter but close enough for me. Paint suppliers have three or four different codes for Wimbledon white.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 169

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
cardinal powder bg-01 almond. I use it on all my whimbleton white requests. It's the closest i've found.
My wheels are powder the top is paint. I think the top is just a bit lighter but close enough for me. Paint suppliers have three or four different codes for wimbledon white.

listen to this man!

OP
OP
SamD

SamD

I have and it is very close... I would recommend the PC color listed!

Thanks for the information! About how much Powder should it take for 4 wheels? I'm not looking for exact numbers because I should like to have excess to use on future parts. I just don't want to buy 10 times more than I need.

Sam

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Krawlers Egde powder coated a cage for me in WW. I haven't picked it up yet, so I'm not sure if it's WW or the Almond color mentioned earlier. FYI

doghows72

Bronco Guru
It all depends on your equipment and skills. I can powder a set of four wheels with about two pounds of powder. Also are you going to cold shoot them or will you attempt the hot shoot?
Another tip I can give you that if the wheels are used buy a dental pick and scrape the gap between the outer ring and the inner ring to get the smootz out. Also a good idea to pre burn the wheels at a higher temp than you cute the powder. That way all the crap will burn out first and you can reclean them so you don't waste your powder. This is a red one I shot the other day.
Let us know how it all turns out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
SamD

SamD

It all depends on your equipment and skills. I can powder a set of four wheels with about two pounds of powder. Also are you going to cold shoot them or will you attempt the hot shoot?

Another tip I can give you that if the wheels are used buy a dental pick and scrape the gap between the outer ring and the inner ring to get the smootz out. Also a good idea to pre burn the wheels at a higher temp than you cute the powder. That way all the crap will burn out first and you can reclean them so you don't waste your powder. This is a red one I shot the other day.

Let us know how it all turns out.

I have zero Powder Coat experience but my son in law is a member at a local maker space that has the equipment and people that will help. I have the stock hubcaps so while I would like mine to look as nice as yours, I really only need the outer ring to look good.

Thanks!

OP
OP
SamD

SamD

Can anyone recommend a source for Cardinal Powder in the 4-5 lb quantity?

benT

We just buy it directly from Cardinal. The min. quantity is 5 lbs. Usually it's about $10-12/lb in the 5lb quantity. Less at 25lbs and then 50lbs. I have some of that almond color that I might shoot a sample of and compare to my dash.

I'd also recommend shooting a base coat of zinc rich epoxy primer prior to the topcoat.

69_Sport

Matching colors....

We just buy it directly from Cardinal. The min. quantity is 5 lbs. Usually it's about $10-12/lb in the 5lb quantity. Less at 25lbs and then 50lbs. I have some of that almond color that I might shoot a sample of and compare to my dash.

I'd also recommend shooting a base coat of zinc rich epoxy primer prior to the topcoat.
Your dash is likely Parchment, not Wimbledon white.