• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Body mount install

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
So got old body mounts cut out, and got washers for couple hole repairs, including both rears. Am I safe taking distance between old bed bolt holes for washer installation purposes ? Also, should the new mounts be leveled to each other ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 87

RichM1983

Loc.
Elkview, WV
I'm going to need to address this area on mine and always wondered how I would know to place the washers exactly where needed.

Jedhead

I'm going to need to address this area on mine and always wondered how I would know to place the washers exactly where needed.

Will be coming up to that point soon as well, would like to hear the response . Happy 4 th to all.

OP
OP
bamabaja

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
This will help some. Know there is chassis measurement diagram out there, just can't find it.

Attachments

• IMG_4064.jpg
    IMG_4064.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 39

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve83 has a good one on his SuperMotors pages somewhere. I don't have it bookmarked, but it might have the dimensions you need. That diagram's got some good stuff on it too bamabaja. I wonder if that's all been integrated into Steve's stuff as well.

Paul

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
To make it easier, use the radius of the bracket to help center it, then measure to see how close to the body dimensions you are. They don't have to be exact but the closer the better. I used a laser level to make sure they were flat to each other and still had to shim under the body to get things to line up correctly.

OP
OP
bamabaja

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Thanks, gentleman. And great hint on laser level. Especially since my shop is ond hay barn with concrete floor sloped to remove water ! All leveling gets to be a PIA !

RichM1983

Loc.
Elkview, WV
Steve83 has a good one on his SuperMotors pages somewhere. I don't have it bookmarked, but it might have the dimensions you need. That diagram's got some good stuff on it too bamabaja. I wonder if that's all been integrated into Steve's stuff as well.

Paul

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/21979/75575-2

I found this but can't find an exact reference for the body mount measurements. Is this the site you were talking about?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, that's one of his wiring diagrams.
I don't know if he's got actual body dimensions, but he's got a page with excellent frame measurements and points of reference.

Should be a link to it somewhere in there. I've never memorized my way around his information or I'd know which way to point you. But it's in there somewhere.

Paul

OP
OP
bamabaja

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
These are some of Steve's stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg