• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Duck Build.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man you are really going to town on this Bronco! Keep at it!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
She is nekked as a jay bird. Never really knew the meaning of the jay bird part of that saying... Anyways, she is stripped. The painted areas are being replaced and I had the blaster clean where the spot welds are only to save time since I was paying him by the hour. Enjoy!
y5y6abej.jpg

7e9e7avy.jpg

apa8utah.jpg

yvepyras.jpg

yzyda4ep.jpg

a9anupuh.jpg

durehe7u.jpg

6ume8ezy.jpg

u3aqa7yj.jpg

egegavu2.jpg

epusena3.jpg

ejunetyh.jpg

gysezegu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/gy8u2uge.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/12/y8y8ehev.jpg
anebujys.jpg

parebuzu.jpg

8egemy5a.jpg

tumymana.jpg

7emyqe6a.jpg

jy4ujuja.jpg

anyma3eb.jpg

ge7agyvy.jpg

bute9uvu.jpg

adymegag.jpg

uta7uvyn.jpg

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Looking good, I had some of that swiss cheese when I blasted mine too.

That swiss cheese comes at a hefty price. I have just compiled my metal order and it is a page long... all in the fun of this addiction!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Blasted metal looks good. If mine had more good exterior metal I would have blasted (or dipped) mine.

Great job so far. The fast pace is awesome!

Thanks for the reply. I am going as fast as money and time will allow. This is one of the benefits of working at home, I can go to the shop whenever I have free time, the bad benefit of it is I am always around for work... 24/7 and my business (trucking company) is a 24/7 ordeal. I have a bit of a slow down in momentum for the next 2 weeks or so till I get my parts in. There is plenty to do though so stay tuned. I have holes to weld shut (deleting the sport belt trim) and panels to start removing. There will be a lot of grinding in the near future but when my parts arrive, there will be a lot of welding and then the long tedious task of paint prep. Good thing my dad loves that stuff since he volunteered to paint it. ;D

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I was obstructed by another project yesterday and got to put in a few hours today. Doesn't look like much but the windshield frame is repaired and I deleted the belt trim holes in the inner fenders. I also dollied the tops of the bed rails where all of the top bolts were over tightened and puckered the metal up.

4uheha5a.jpg

my9abevy.jpg

zezymybe.jpg

a6u8umev.jpg

y5aja5e9.jpg

Tomorrow I will pick up some stock sheet metal, build a cowl brace that ties to the top of the rear fenders and this weekend start on the sheet metal patches that I can until my body panels come in.

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
You're cruising right along. At this rate you'll have yours at Super Cel before I do. I remembered I have another grille stashed away so Im going to look at it and see if it's something you can use.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Your blaster guy looks like he came to your shop. Was he using soda, and if you don't mind me asking, what was his rates? How long did it take him? Great progress too. Wish I moved that fast. I am almost 3yrs into my build and I just got the body off.

Scott

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You're cruising right along. At this rate you'll have yours at Super Cel before I do. I remembered I have another grille stashed away so Im going to look at it and see if it's something you can use.

I am trying my best. I am giving myself 3 years to get it done. If things happen as I hope they do, I am really trying to have it done for SC 2016 to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Your blaster guy looks like he came to your shop. Was he using soda, and if you don't mind me asking, what was his rates? How long did it take him? Great progress too. Wish I moved that fast. I am almost 3yrs into my build and I just got the body off.

Scott

Yes he came to my shop. He charged me $100.00 per hour and that included everything. He spent about 13 hours on it. I had him skip parts that were going to be replaced and just had him hit the weld seems. If I was tight on funds I would have had him only do the tub but I only wanted to clean a mess up once. The mess was actually not bad but my shop is not as sealed as I had hoped as I had dust from front to back. It was due for a good cleaning anyway... as far as the mess outside, one good rain and it was all gone. Much better than when I had a 68 mustang done many years ago with sand, I had to sweep it up to clean it, this stuff just dissolves with rain. As far as the dust in my shop, it was just a warm up for what will be happening in a few months once all of the metal work is done, primer, filler and sanding... That will be a blast....

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
A little more progress today. All of the seam sealer is out of the drip rail. I started removing the floor pans. A wrench fell out of the pass side behind the striker post. It's been there a while. Patched a few rust pinholes here and there. I think I am going to run out if stuff to do till my new body parts get here.
bybu2a9a.jpg

e5avy6ab.jpg

ugegy5a8.jpg

uzuze3yb.jpg

yvyguty6.jpg

uqe8ajym.jpg

nahu5yje.jpg

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Tom, your door post bracing looks familiar??? Seems like I have seen this before on a couple other Bronco restorations hmmm?? Looking great keep up the good work.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
What color are you going back with?

I am toying with the idea of modernizing the Bright Lime. Seems like the new modern colors are popular but I am a bit partial to the original colors to a point. I like the Bright Lime because of it's green hue but I want to make it a little more modern if it will work and look good. Im going to shoot some spray cards and play around with adding metallic of different colors as well as adding pearls to it. Either it will work or not and I will probably be posting some pics of those for some feedback when I get to that point this summer. I just don't want to have the same color as everyone else and the Bright Lime seems to be rare at the shows etc.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Tom, your door post bracing looks familiar??? Seems like I have seen this before on a couple other Bronco restorations hmmm?? Looking great keep up the good work.

I decided to brace with a removable/reusable brace system that doubles as the lift system. This was done at the recommendations from Andy and Nick. It just so happens that when I am done with this bronco and if I feel a void calling for another, I will have tools for the trade already made. Yeah, one bronco is not going to be enough...

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Time to go celebrate my dads 62nd B-Day. At least I got to put in a few hours on the bronco and I repaired the drivers floor support that was cracked and bent up. I gave it a set of Forrest Gump Leg Braces. ;)
eha6u6un.jpg

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
I just don't want to have the same color as everyone else and the Bright Lime seems to be rare at the shows etc.

Looking great!! We're at the same point in our builds. Just finished blasting last week.

I know how you feel about the color. Tried to find something different that still fit the truck. Last June that was a modern copper. Over the last year they've started popping up all over the place. I like them, but not sure anymore that it's what I want to do. Good luck on finding your perfect color! Can't wait to see your samples. Sounds cool.