• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kit Baja and Standard Color Baja Broncos by Stroppe

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This one was for sale in 1997 or 1998 maybe. Had a receipt for rear flares, 3speed floor shifter and bumper braces from Stroppe. Donde?

Attachments

• 70stroppe.JPG
    70stroppe.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
This Bronco that RR re-painted looked to be very Stroppe-esque.
Not sure if it was a Kit Baja or just a few Stroppe parts, but kinda cool.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 208
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 205
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 215
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 208

gritz

That is cool! I like the new color but probably would have stayed original.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
kit stroppe

House the brown kit stroppe you posted was owned by me. I bought it here in San Diego. I did a driver quality restoration on it and it was my daily driver for 2 to 3 years. It had every stroppe option including Stroppe power steering and had a toploader 4 speed with hurst shifter. It had 10 inch U.S. Indy slots. I sold it about 5 years ago on ebay to someone around Colorado. I loved that truck and I wish I had never sold it. Someone got a great truck. The picture you posted was taken in front of my house. The other kit stroppe (blue) that Andrew mentioned is in my shop undergoing restoration. It is pre-sold to an unnamed buyer in L.A. I will post some pictures when my camera battery charges up. It is a fantastic truck in Acapulco blue factory Sport package with all stroppe options. When I bought it, it even had Stroppe (U.S. Indy) slots (1 inch positive offset). We also did some work on Mcfuels kit stroppe. It is a fantastic rust free Calif truck...fantastic. Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncos

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
kit stroppe

A few photos of the brown kit stroppe I sold and the blue one in my shop now. You can barely make out the front bumper braces and the stroppe p/s box peeking out from the bottom.

Attachments

• DSC_0219.jpg
    DSC_0219.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0216.jpg
    DSC_0216.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0269[1].jpg
    DSC_0269[1].jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0249[2].jpg
    DSC_0249[2].jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC_0279[1].jpg
    DSC_0279[1].jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0278[1].jpg
    DSC_0278[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 244

gritz

A few photos of the brown kit stroppe I sold and the blue one in my shop now. You can barely make out the front bumper braces and the stroppe p/s box peeking out from the bottom.

Is that a stroppe cage or did some one add it to the original stroppe bar?

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Stroppe cage

No way to know whether Stroppe did it or someone else. . It was in the truck when I bought it

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
I have one very similar welded to the front of an HMS rollbar, but it panned out to be a previous owner mod unfortunately.
If that one was a Stroppe add on I would expect the front crossbar to be further forward and bent to clear the electric wiper assembly.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have one very similar welded to the front of an HMS rollbar, but it panned out to be a previous owner mod unfortunately.
If that one was a Stroppe add on I would expect the front crossbar to be further forward and bent to clear the electric wiper assembly.

And taco gussets are usually a good indicator as well.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's another nice little example of the breed. Ordered specially in April of 73, it wasn't delivered til August 18, 1973. It's a special color green too, and a 6 digit DSO code, ordered new in Fresno, CA. Stroppe options include: Phase I items: bumper braces, rollbar, dual shocks, steering wheel, hitch, decals, tire cover. Also optioned with Slot mags (less backspacing than normal stroppe wheels), aux trans cooler, and Holley 4V and intake. Was a one owner rig til yesterday. Very happy and proud to have it here on premises at Baja Broncos. The original owner, ordered it green because his brother already had a 72 Baja, in the traditional colors. Being as they would go hunting and camping together....they didnt' want matching Broncos...

Attachments

• IMG_8113.jpg
    IMG_8113.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_8061.jpg
    IMG_8061.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8110.jpg
    IMG_8110.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_8124.jpg
    IMG_8124.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A very cool example, Andrew! It looks like a very well preserved survivor!

farzadmip

Very nice! You can see his brothers standard color in the old pic, very cool!

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
MAN, that thing is sweet. Can't wait to get it home..! ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And with the full parchment floor mat too! Nice clean tight fit at the roll-bar plates.

Paul

gritz

Love the old pictures to confirm the history. Can't believe these still pop up.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love the old pictures to confirm the history. Can't believe these still pop up.

YEah, it's rad. Tell you the truth I"m amazed it popped up. Can't be many one owner Kit Bajas still around. I feel fortunate enough to have gotten to talk to Tampico's first owner and he told me the story of it. Didnt get pictures but lots of stories. If he's still around he's 80-something.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thinking i might. I have to find the time to fit it in for a check-over and fuel pump before heading out....and I have a shop full of customer Broncos....so we'll see!