• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fire extinguisher POLL

How many of you have a fire extinguisher onboard

• Yes I have one

Votes: 283 73.9%
  • No I do not

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • I plan on getting one soon

Votes: 73 19.1%
  • never,never needed one

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Absolutely. Halon to boot. I also have a seatbelt knife and glass breaker within arms reach too... My kid rides with me on occasion.

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Voted. I have one but I am looking for the extinguisher and quick release bracket or holder that attaches to the roll bar. Any suggestions?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I keep one handy...better to have it and never need it than the other way around. I've only ever used one of my extinguishers on another person's rig in 20 years, but that's what it's there for because you never know when you might need it.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes. I have three. One 5 and two 2.5 ABC.

Eugene

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Consider it mandatory on these old Broncos.

I feel the same and hate to hear about one thats burnt about as bad as hearing the Car Crusher at the local salvage yard down below me here!!:cry:

edit: No it's worse to hear(EB burning) than the crusher;)

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Get at least a 2.5 abc(Mono-Ammonium Phosphate), and a bracket like this http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Mirror_Clamp_Reducer/newproducts-FS

I don't recommend Halon, it will blow away if you are in a windy area. Dry chem may damage some wiring, but if you apply it correctly it will mostly be on stuff that was damaged by the fire anyhow. Cheaper to replace some wires than the entire rig.

Source - 11 years as a firefighter, ASA in Fire Science.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Voted. I have one but I am looking for the extinguisher and quick release bracket or holder that attaches to the roll bar. Any suggestions?
I use the Drake quick release unit. It's expensive but you get what you pay for. Very nice unit and can be released with one hand.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Yes, ABC unit in mine. Impressed my insurance agent when she came to do a value inspection, in fact she noticed three in my garage and commented on them too. Too many hours and dollars in both the Bronco and the garage to leave anything to chance.

Looking at this thread I think you need to do a follow up poll - how many of us have extinguishers in our other vehicles. I know a couple have already said they did but I hate to say it but none of my others have them and that's something I'm going to change.

myclsic69

I mounted mine under the Passenger seat, I think it's a 2 lb. unit, never know when you'll need it.

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
You need another choice. I have one. I just have not installed it yet.