• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Guess this part game

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Dude! You're pissing me off now. I'm going to lose sleep over this now. If you were 1000 miles closer, I'd be hopping in my truck for some lawn job action on Viperwolf's front lawn about now. :mad: ;) This one is driving me bananas.

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
part of the NSS?

Wow 5 pages and nobody got it.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner.

It is neutral/park sliding contact that goes into the NSS, and bolts to a C4. A bad switch can be opened up by drilling out the rivets and the worn contacts can be replaced with a piece of 0.050" brass rod.

You're up Mad.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner.

It is neutral/park sliding contact that goes into the NSS, and bolts to a C4. A bad switch can be opened up by drilling out the rivets and the worn contacts can be replaced with a piece of 0.050" brass rod.

You're up Mad.

Damn, I was only 3 beers into this. No Bronco, no pubs...other than these west coast small batch breweries all I have is the internet to help me guess...oh well, back to the brews while I wait on Mad!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got so excited, you missed the last page, eh JW? Now we're just waiting for Madgyver to come up with something equally as hard to guess.
Something found washed up on the Beach after burying his Bronco in the sand no doubt! ;D

Paul

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Let's see if I can match the difficulty of Viperwolf's part.

Here goes..
The mad bottle opener is used for scale.

Attachments

• DSC07749.jpg
    DSC07749.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 867

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Semi-used floor grommet for the dimmer switch?
Nah, too small...

Radio knob insulator? Nah, this is a Bronco...

Door scuff guard for the window crank? Nah, this is a Bronco...

And with the rocker-and-valve Mad-opener, it looks too small even to be one of those.
Besides, this is a Bronco and they probably don't use them-thar types of things.
Unless this is off of a '77 that is.

So, for my 1 allowed clue question, is it an inside, or an outside part?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know!! It's the hole reinforcing grommet for the tarp you use to cover the ice-chest to keep your fish cool!

Paul

OP
OP
Viperwolf1

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Probably something applicable to a '77. J shifter pivot bushing?