• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks sweet!

Just got an update on my body from broncodesigns, hopefully will be receiving it soon.

received_10155317347310233_zpszbr0bbmy.jpeg

received_10155317347305233_zpsrcj8dk8e.jpeg

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Did my first welding ever on the bronco, and used my welder for the very first time. Did a very ugly job splicing in a piece on the driver's side support. But after this pic I put a grinder to it and it looks decent. Thankfully almost everything else is plug / spot welds. Plus, my welder wasn't really dialed in, so I'll work on that today.

Dude, been there. I have extra bronco steel from cutting my fenders to practice on to get that b!tch dialed in. Keep at it, practice, practice, practice, then go for it again. You'll get it brother, I know it! :cool:

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Cut more of the front of the bed, which was just cut at the brace, so that I can get the upper seat platform seated right.

Got more stuff delivered.
Racing lap belt for when I have to drive it with one seat and no roll bar while finishing the tub and getting it Line-X'd.
Also Got Humvee seatbelts for when the seats finally go in permanently.
bought 3 Scott Drake Fire Extinguisher Mounts for extra safety.
Started Installing LED exterior turn signals, markers and tail lights.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got it out of the garage for 1st time in months. Gave it it's first bath since Hurricane Harvey. Then drove it to store to stretch it's legs.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Swapped out the 37's...contemplated the 38's.. but went with the 33's. Then loaded the Hillbilly Bug and went to Rush Springs Ranch.

https://www.rushspringsranch.com/ Spent all day Saturday off roading. Had a blast, the HB was a rock star, 2 bbl carb never missed a beat. Open diffs did not really slow me down, but I drove like I has some sense and did not bite off more than I should of.

Was dragging broke yotas back to camp and a jeep off 3 foot tree stump...nice place over all, a bit crowded with lots of "look at my Razor" folks in show off clusters, motorcycles, 3 wheelers, kids in go carts (on the main trail road).

Trail markings are almost none existent, lots of cabins to stay in, trailer camp sites.

BMR was going on in Disney...so maybe that was why so many people were there? Sorry no awesome all going vertical/crazy drop in pics, my copilot was a busy hanging on. lol

Attachments

• tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 40
  • tire 2.jpg
    tire 2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 44
  • tire 3.jpg
    tire 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 38

andyp

Contributor
Drug it through the snow. The U-Haul truck and trailer did great over Hwy 58 in the Cascades and 3 passes between K Falls and Susanville. Although I didn't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel. %) I stopped at one summit to eat and a snow plow driver stopped to chat about the two Broncos he owns, then said "let me plow the highway for that Bronco." I left two days early to beat the storm. Lost the battle but won the war, I guess. Reno South should be good. I can feel my webbed feet drying out already.

I personal snow plow for a trailer with a Bronco, gotta love it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Installed my freshly rebuilt C4 and Dana 20...thanks Jim@ Basal's Transmissions, Glastonbury, CT and Migs!!

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 51

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Wasted time trying to weld and beat the tunnel cover into submission, then realized I'm replacing just about every piece of sheet metal, so why was I trying to use my limited skills at body work? So I just ordered a new tunnel cover. Also, Mrs. Obscure bought some nice faux leather for the door panels and rear panels.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Drilled and tapped the roll cage for windshield supports, removed all of the window felt and did the '66 to '68 turn signal mod. Cage and bumpers getting raptor lined in the next week or two

Attachments

• 20180324_161314.jpg
    20180324_161314.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180324_145012.jpg
    20180324_145012.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 49

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Arrived in the Tucson sunshine and pulled off the Suzuki traveler wheels to put the 33's back on. It had looked anemic with the 2 1/2" lift. The Bronco and me are loving the warm weather already. Lots of fans of these rides down here. Can't stop anywhere without someone wanting to check it out, even Jeep guys. Don't get that much in Portland. Oh yeah, it's because everybody is huddled inside from the rain! Did I mention the weather is fabulous here? Home/retirement sweet home/retirement! :cool:

Attachments

• Arrived.JPG
    Arrived.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 79
  • Suzuki Wheels.JPG
    Suzuki Wheels.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 69

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
Finally got my cooling system flushed an cleaned. What a pain.

I also put a glass section in the upper radiator hose so I can keep an eye on the coolant condition a little easier.

Hose by willtel, on Flickr

Looks great!

What did You use to flush/clean the system out with? I'm getting ready to install new thermostat, put a spring in the lower house, and install a new fan shroud, fan, and cap. Looks like my system is pretty 'browned' up so I want to flush it out the best I can. It's a 1993 5.0l mustang engine that had about 100,000 miles on it when I transplanted it into the Bronc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Arrived in the Tucson sunshine and pulled off the Suzuki traveler wheels to put the 33's back on. It had looked anemic with the 2 1/2" lift. The Bronco and me are loving the warm weather already. Lots of fans of these rides down here. Can't stop anywhere without someone wanting to check it out, even Jeep guys. Don't get that much in Portland. Oh yeah, it's because everybody is huddled inside from the rain! Did I mention the weather is fabulous here? Home/retirement sweet home/retirement! :cool:

looks soo much better:cool: glad you made it safely. still not sure what yer goin to do bout dem web feet and no yard to mow

jagbucket

small bronco step but a big one for comfort

finally got all new u joints in and unbelievably no vibration i didn't think i would ever get there. previously added 4*shims and tried to get away with old needle bearings swapped in the joint caps, that didnt work. along with new door seals it's much quieter inside. the closer it gets to being a dd things like wipers and heater are moving up in the priority list especially here in Washington who knows maybe door panels ,carpet and paint someday and then never want to take it off road.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
finally got all new u joints in and unbelievably no vibration i didn't think i would ever get there. previously added 4*shims and tried to get away with old needle bearings swapped in the joint caps, that didnt work. along with new door seals it's much quieter inside. the closer it gets to being a dd things like wipers and heater are moving up in the priority list especially here in Washington who knows maybe door panels ,carpet and paint someday and then never want to take it off road.

Nice.. Glad you got rid of that vibration.. PITA ain't it :)

willtel

Looks great!

What did You use to flush/clean the system out with? I'm getting ready to install new thermostat, put a spring in the lower house, and install a new fan shroud, fan, and cap. Looks like my system is pretty 'browned' up so I want to flush it out the best I can. It's a 1993 5.0l mustang engine that had about 100,000 miles on it when I transplanted it into the Bronc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used two shots of this stuff https://prestone.com/products?detail=AS105Y and lots of water. I drained and captured 12 gallons of dirty coolant and recycled it then just kept flushing with water until everything ran clear. I did all the flushing with the thermostat removed and the heater on.