• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need opinions: I was taken advantage of by a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I would not go over 6k for it in today's market but i am poor. So maybe I am not a good one to judge this by.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You have to watch "The wizard of shit". Things are never as they appear.

Bogar

1strodeo - OHIO proud. I have your back and glad you never did business with this....

Okbroncoman

This post is getting to be like a reality TV show, your only watching it for the drama.

The deal went bad, get over it and move on.

When you do business long enough its bound to happen. We’ve all had it happen, whether it’s at your job, home, or hobby.

I have a hard time buying anything sight unseen, hell I bought a $200.00 seat frame a few weeks ago, and hesitated for not asking for pictures. Much less spending $9,000.00 for a bronco.

Your not going to make everyone happy all the time, it’s just not going to happen.

This horse has been beaten, move on.

My .04 cents

ransil

Bronco Guru
Heck you dont pull the plug on a tv show in the high of no.1 ratings .lol

Do they make breakfast popcorn? lol
I see this thread as a warning to other wanting to purchase from this guy and to point out the due dilligents a buyer should do no matter who the sellers are. Seem more & more are out to make a fast buck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
All of this because the buyer is an uninformed eb buyer which is okay, that just means you have to put eyes on what you're buying.

This is all so much bull shit.

Buyer beware. Be a damn adult and look before ya leap.

Seller is a good guy that flips eb's. He makes no secret of the fact that he is a flipper.

I don't know man....we are turning into a big group of....
Ahhhh forget it....
Jon should kill this thread.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
don't forget sometimes entertaining;D

Yes, it can be entertaining.
I can see that good deals get snatched up quickly. If you want to get that deal, you'd better have a better plan than this fella did. communication is everything.
I feel bad that two good members have been discredited over this.

Attachments

• TrKnockout-Top-Rank-Girl.jpg
    TrKnockout-Top-Rank-Girl.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 94

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Everybody looks at things different my brother bought a old jeep 1950 he thinks it’s great And I think it’s a pile of junk but he says I’m too picky

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Seller is a good guy ..

That's a matter of opinion and perspective as far as I can tell.
I think future potential buyers should have their guard up with this seller especially after reading this thread and reading the texts

tommyg

Contributor
seller lost me at acknowledging he contractually agreed to things, but didn't have time...maybe I should tell Uncle Sam that I didn't have time to pay my taxes this year.

and the fact he said he's going to "move on", what does that mean? Buy back the damn truck minus the shipping costs. Lack of communication after the sale is always an incredible red flag. I had a guy reach out to me after buying a car disappointed that it didn't have the owner's manual. I immediately bought one off Ebay and had it shipped directly to him. $100 out of my pocket, and he's incredibly happy.

Well, one thing posted in the add is true...that truck definitely needs paint!

skymast

Are we are the point where Bajafresh75 is at the same level as World Wide Vintage? WWV at least paints their Broncos a nice shiny color.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
All of this because the buyer is an uninformed eb buyer which is okay, that just means you have to put eyes on what you're buying.

This is all so much bull shit.

I disagree, this all happened because someone he ripped off had the balls to speak up, knowing that many members would take the side of the seller. I applaud his courage.

Buyer beware. Be a damn adult and look before ya leap.

Seller is a good guy that flips eb's. He makes no secret of the fact that he is a flipper.

First time I talked to Chris, one of the first things out of his mouth was "people think I'm a flipper, but I'm not, I have an HVAC business" so I respectfully call bullshit on your bullshit. I'm sure he's a good guy, and he may have provided a service to the community in the past, but now (at least in the year that I've paid attention) it's obvious he's in it for the cash, community be damned.

I don't know man....we are turning into a big group of....
Ahhhh forget it....
Jon should kill this thread.

Big group of what? Informed enthusiasts? And why should this thread go away? You do not seem to me the type that would suggest this issue be swept under the rug. I love ya like a Bronco brother bronconut73, but I think it's time we stop condoning this type of activity. You yourself said it's worth 3-6K, and this guy paid 9K plus shipping...I would think a self-proclaimed poor man such as yourself would feel $3k is a substantial amount of money. And the seller got low-balled, I'm still laughing at that one ;D:eek::D -Jeff

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Since both sides have had their say and it's been 3 days since either has posted, I'm going to lock the thread.

It sounds like there's some discussion back and forth with the buyer's mechanic, so hopefully that's working toward a resolution.

If either buyer or seller wants to update this thread just send me a PM and I'll be happy to open it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.