• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco graveyard ABS top headliner

Williamh88

ive had mine about 6 months just got around to putting it in last week.... fit was horrible in my opinion, back half went in with little trimming and persuasion the holes had to be oblonged.... the front was a whole different story I had to re drill every hole, with the seam over head covered with the trim the front wouldn't reach the visor holes so I had to either make a wider trim strip or modify the front, I chose to modify the front and after much trimming and pulling and re drilling I got it to fit decent, but made a piece of trim to go across the windshield frame to cover the extra holes in the liner... it didnt fit the wiper motor cover well at all no matter which route I chose ended up putting hose around it to close some of the gap, finished it looks pretty good I really hated I spent that much extra on something that didn't fit... if I would have tried to install it when I first received it I would have sent it back, (like I did their dash pad it was crap) hopefully they have worked out some of their fitment issues

NYC Bronco

I have the TBP version and it's great. quality fit and color match (parchment) and the shipping was too much but tolerable given the add in of some other parts and desire to get it done

OP
OP
JdoubleC

JdoubleC

ive had mine about 6 months just got around to putting it in last week.... fit was horrible in my opinion, back half went in with little trimming and persuasion the holes had to be oblonged.... the front was a whole different story I had to re drill every hole, with the seam over head covered with the trim the front wouldn't reach the visor holes so I had to either make a wider trim strip or modify the front, I chose to modify the front and after much trimming and pulling and re drilling I got it to fit decent, but made a piece of trim to go across the windshield frame to cover the extra holes in the liner... it didnt fit the wiper motor cover well at all no matter which route I chose ended up putting hose around it to close some of the gap, finished it looks pretty good I really hated I spent that much extra on something that didn't fit... if I would have tried to install it when I first received it I would have sent it back, (like I did their dash pad it was crap) hopefully they have worked out some of their fitment issues

William88,
Thank you so much for your input, makes the decision very easy...keep looking!

OP
OP
JdoubleC

JdoubleC

I have the TBP version and it's great. quality fit and color match (parchment) and the shipping was too much but tolerable given the add in of some other parts and desire to get it done

NYC Bronco.
I don’t think TBP sells that headliner any longer, I couldn’t find it on their site.

wrenchjockey

Loc.
Morro Bay, CA.
Any new info on these

Bringing up this old post because I really like the idea of this headliner but it's a long wait and its expensive. Anybody with new experiences?
Thanks in advance

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bringing up this old post because I really like the idea of this headliner but it's a long wait and its expensive. Anybody with new experiences?
Thanks in advance

I ordered one a week ago but haven't received it yet. I'll let you know when it comes. That being said, I'm not TOO worried about redrilling holes and the trim piece because it'll be finished in Vinyl to match my leather seats so I needed something stronger than the paperboard but cheaper than the fiberglass version. I'm also adding lighting so again a stronger base was needed. I figured I've had to modify just about everything I've purchased so this will be par for the course. Shipping was shocking ($85 to Scottsdale) but the whole cost was still way cheaper than the upholsterer's cost to make the base from scratch.

OP
OP
JdoubleC

JdoubleC

I never got either of those headliners. I opted for a custom headliner because I wanted a perfect fit (near perfect fit). That fiberglass shell from BH is pricey and I always heard there’s a lot of tweaking to make it fit.
The one from JBG is just a plastic version of the original cardboard headliner.
Good Luck.

Lon L

I didn’t want to go that route because with shipping that fiberglass shell is $500.

$500 shipping? Wow, I just had a Scottsman Ice Machine shipped for $66.00 from KY to FL 3days Old Dominion Van lines.

Buckaroo

Contributor
Loc.
Rockies
Anyone try an ABS headliner install recently? Has the fit improved or one supplier better than another…or all coming from same manufacturer? I’m looking at the Quiet Ride Solutions with insulation mat to cut down some of the noise.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
some just get the preferred material (Joann Fabric) @ 57 inches wide &
put it up w/contact cement (cut a pattern, trace onto material, spray w/contact
cement/spray inside of top, wait, roll together). I matched my upholstery w/the same
stuff (-30* vinyl). less than 30$ yard