• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I bought another Bronco

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
So for Christmas she got me a true vintage Fleetwood Mac tape I can stick in it the player, just so it looks used. Well, I stuck it in and the thing works, makes music, switched tracks and everything. Not very good quality and bad speakers, but it's music.

[youtube]A36VubNbi5k&list=UUxHkf_P0qPA6S7HAnAqTuXw[/youtube]

Not very good quality, heap it works perfectly! ;D

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I bought a 2 1/2" Wildhorses state 3 with Bilsteins for the U14 project. I decided to put it on the Cordova 69 daily driver because it drove terrible. Last weekend we tore it all down and worked on it a couple nights and finished up and drove it tonight.

Wow it made a different vehicle out of it, nice tight ride, straight steering, no bump steer, and the Bilsteins ride nice. I just finished it up and took a quick 3 or 4 mile test ride.
I'm very satisfied. But now i'll have to cough up the $$$ for another lift for the U14 project but I at least now have a point of reference for what a modern lift feels like.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Sounds like it made a BIG difference! Did it change the ride height compared to what you removed?

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Yes it made quite a difference. That's one of the reason I did it, the tires would rub the flares when cornering. I think the P.O. cut the flare openings a bit too far back and the front gap was too close. Plus it came with 33's.
I'll post up some pics in a few days

66Bronco

Cheap and Early Bronco aren't used much together these days. That '69 Bronco is certainly very nice.

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
Oh wow, it looks like a different truck from when you first got it! :eek:

Did I read that right, it's from Wyoming? Uvalde to Wyoming???? Loooonnnnggg haul :cool:

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Oh wow, it looks like a different truck from when you first got it! :eek:

Did I read that right, it's from Wyoming? Uvalde to Wyoming???? Loooonnnnggg haul :cool:

The seller delivered it as part of the purchase price. He worked it into a planned trip to Del Rio 80 miles from Uvalde.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I drove the Bronco over to San Antonio today to Stinson Airfield to check out the airplane progress. Charles Lindburg built the first airmail stop here. It was 95 miles each way. This was the longest trip it's been on. I got 15mpg on the highway!

Attachments

• Stinson Bronco.jpg
    Stinson Bronco.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 102

notorious

Loc.
Nashvegas
Beautiful, I would love to score a rig like that. I should even have a box full of 8 tracks around here somewhere.

farzadmip

Great looking rig! Where at in Wyoming was it? Craigslist? I must have missed it, try and keep an eye out around here.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Great looking rig! Where at in Wyoming was it? Craigslist? I must have missed it, try and keep an eye out around here.

It was in Riverton the fall of 2013 along with another one. This one had an ad but they didn't put contact info. I was looking at the other Bronco too, and saw one corner of this Bronco in the background and figured out it was the same seller so I used the contact info from ad#1 to call about ad#2 and it worked out.