• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Vs. New Jeep

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
As much as I like V8's I'd happily sacrifice it for a solid front axle and the ability to easily mount 35's. I will be really surprised if a V8 option makes the cut. I think we can expect EcoBoost and diesel.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
First they said the new Bronco would be able to compete with the Wrangler.

Then, they said the new Bronco would be able to compete with the Wrangler except on rock crawling (the Ranger frame is not capable).

Then we are told that they are on the third design study (most cars and trucks are built on the first).

Then they have 'spy photos of a test mule' which is a generic mid-size soccer utility vehicle.

At this point I start to wonder if the plan is to convince the people that want a capable off-road vehicle to just give up on the Bronco and go buy a Jeep so Ford can point to the market and make the soccer mom vehicle they really want to make?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Maybe Ford will buy out the Jeep and rename it Bronco GPW. There's a whole lot of maybe's in this program.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
First they said the new Bronco would be able to compete with the Wrangler.

Then, they said the new Bronco would be able to compete with the Wrangler except on rock crawling (the Ranger frame is not capable).

Then we are told that they are on the third design study (most cars and trucks are built on the first).

Then they have 'spy photos of a test mule' which is a generic mid-size soccer utility vehicle.

At this point I start to wonder if the plan is to convince the people that want a capable off-road vehicle to just give up on the Bronco and go buy a Jeep so Ford can point to the market and make the soccer mom vehicle they really want to make?

Get out of my head!

My thoughts too Brother.

Jaxgtc

Maybe Ford will buy out the Jeep and rename it Bronco GPW. There's a whole lot of maybe's in this program.

If the Chinese don't buy Jeep first.

Ford has plenty of SUVs in their lineup, I predict it will be something to go after a market they don't already have.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Doesn't really make sense for them to make a posh soccer mom SUV.
It would just cut into their Explorer and Expedition sales...

I am holding out for some thing at least kind of special...

camodown

Just wish they would go all out against the jeep instead of making it sound more and more like a 4Runner competitor.

thorgan

Anyone else see the rumor of a 7 liter direct injected V8 in the 2019 Raptor? Maybe a 5.0 V8 in the Bronco isn't so far fetched after all.

The April fools jokesters must be licking their chops.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
The only reason I hold out any hope is because the way ford teased the bronco, which I haven’t known them to do with anything else. Not that I really pay attention... Sadly, I have little faith they will produce anything close to Jeep.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The only reason I hold out any hope is because the way ford teased the bronco, which I haven’t known them to do with anything else. Not that I really pay attention... Sadly, I have little faith they will produce anything close to Jeep.

Not gonna be able to compete with a 4 runner either

One is rugged and reliable and holds it value very well and is highly sought after for off roading and the other is a Ford

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
True dat, Ford better go all in for the New Bronco, vs a warmed over explorer/expedition/ranger/flex (yuck). Or it will go the way of the "new" Tbird.

camodown

Going to be more like a Ford version of the FJ Cruiser than a Ford version of the Wrangler.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
You kiss your Mom with that mouth son?

Truer words have never been said! LOL! ;D

I will be honest that I haven't really been keeping up on the renderings but from what I have honestly seen so far nothing even interests me in terms of buying one! Haveing said that, the new Wrangler looks pretty sweet is all that I can say and I don't think that FORD has the WHEELNUTS to go anywhere even close to that direction even though it would be the BEST direction that they could go. Problem is that the bean counters there are completely out of touch with reality!

Just my .02!

Nothing Special

....Problem is that the bean counters there are completely out of touch with reality!

Just my .02!

The problem (for us) is that the bean counters are in touch with reality. I don't think there are enough of us to let both Jeep and Ford make much money with a vehicle that's actually trail-capable. I wish Ford would make it anyway, but I bet they won't, and I bet that will turn out better for them (financially) in the long run :(

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I don't know. It still seems like Ford has to be aware that EBs are selling for new vehicle prices. FSBs, B2s, Explorers, or any soccer mom class vehicle does not. The current market interest seems like it should drive Ford to take advantage of that interest.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I don't know. It still seems like Ford has to be aware that EBs are selling for new vehicle prices. FSBs, B2s, Explorers, or any soccer mom class vehicle does not. The current market interest seems like it should drive Ford to take advantage of that interest.

A logical hypotheses.

Hope they are as smart as you!

willtel

Someone working on assembly of the new Ranger frame assembly line posted a picture.

75fRlHY.jpg