• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 Coyote Ranger Build (Updated 4 Dec 21)

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey guys,

Today I delivered my 1974 bronco Ranger to BC Broncos to start a frame off build. This will be a multi phase build, with phase 1 being taking it down to the frame, then powder-coating it, followed by bolting on some goodies. The end goal is to return the Bronco back to being uncut, making it a Luber, that will be used for street/back road driving. Here are some pics:

Loading it on the trailer
DSC00647_zpsd6a4499e.jpg

On the road
DSC00693_zpsf90866ec.jpg

Tow vehicle is a VW Touareg with a V10 twin turbo diesel
DSC00694_zpsf0a66da8.jpg

View while towing
DSC00692_zpsf7c67c9b.jpg

DSC00690_zpsfa45e9d4.jpg

Finally at BC Broncos
DSC00698_zpse725631c.jpg

What's waiting to go in it
DSC00705_zps90538eb5.jpg

Last edited:

JSmall

Bronco Guru
You are one lucky guy! I wish a coyote was in my future. Good luck

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
neat deal, congrats!
curious how'd the vw do towing? I've heard lots of neat things about those.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
NicksTrix, my Touareg is a 07 model with the twin turbo V10 diesel motor making over 550 ft-lb of torque. This was the 1st time I ever pulled anything with it and it pulled with no problem at all. I had to slow down several times due to driving too fast and the hills were no problem at all, I don't think it even knew it was pulling anything. VW stopped making the V10 in 2008 and only offer the diesel in a V6 today but what I've read they pull really nice also.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
very cool, keeping the wide steelies on it?

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tasker, probably will not keep the wide steelies. A while back I bought a set of original steel wheels when my plan was to run 31s with hubcabs. But now I"m leaning more towards 33s x 10.50 so I'll probably go with a different set of rims. I really like the look/stance of another bronco in this community named "Ketchup". There's a thread when the owner put 33s on it and I like the rims he has, so I'm trying to figure out what they are. I sent the owner a PM but haven't heard anything back.

Back when I first bought the bronco and posted my intro some members sent me PMs asking if I was going to keep or sell the wide steelies, so I guess once they do come off I'll go back and see if they are still interested in them or not.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I'm going to follow this build. It is already head and shoulders above what my bronco looked like when I got it. Nice choice on the motor. Should be a real mover. Good luck on the progress. I am sure BC will do a great job. I have always had good luck with them. Keep the pics coming.

Henry

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
But now I"m leaning more towards 33s x 10.50 so I'll probably go with a different set of rims. I really like the look/stance of another bronco in this community named "Ketchup". There's a thread when the owner put 33s on it and I like the rims he has, so I'm trying to figure out what they are. I sent the owner a PM but haven't heard anything back.

They are Ford truck wheels. Here's a link to pg. 15 of the LUBR thread. Go to post #225 (last post on page). They are 7's (not sure if that included the flanges) and have roughly 4" of BS.

Also, you can easily fit 33x10.5 on stock steelies with caps if you still wanted to go that route.

Last edited:

rbodine

As I have been working on mine on/off for the past two years I have often thought that it might be nice to trailer it somewhere, drop it off then go back and pick it up done! Good for you, I am excited for ya!!

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Congratulations! Wow. Do you really think it was nice to show us that Coyote and make us drool all over ourselves, lol. Good luck.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MyOriginal66, thanks for the info on the rims....I'm still scratching my head on what they are, I'm from Arkansas, so forgive me for being a little slow. I didn't know 10.50 will fit on a stock rim, I will give that some thought.

Rbodine, I envy those who have the skills to do the work themselves. As Dirty Harry once said "a man got to know his limitations." But I do hope to buy another down the road that I will do all the work on it myself but thinking I'll keep it simple, power nothing.

ScanmanSteven, my wife recently got her concealed carry, once she discovers the cost of the coyote it may wind up costing me more than I originally planned.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
hence the reason why it was in the first of the pictures, like the desert before you even hear what the main course is.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco finally getting stripped. Frame should be powder-coated next week afterwards all the new stuff gets bolted on to include the coyote motor. Then off to Boerne Stag Kustom for paint/body and return to being uncut. If only I could decide on a color....

Attachments

• IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 272
OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm unsure how they have it mounted, here's another view.
3ac4c488967faa7ddfe80251fe95ab50.jpg