• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IN '76 Liftgate latches

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip

Loc.
Jasper, IN
Looking for a pair of liftgate latches for our '76. It was originally a full hardtop but a PO changed it to a half cab. Hurting for these BAD and not really in the mood to do a bunch of fabrication work.

Let me know what you have as well as condition. Price is not a consideration at this point.

Phil

slim811

Contributor
Looking for a pair of liftgate latches for our '76. It was originally a full hardtop but a PO changed it to a half cab. Hurting for these BAD and not really in the mood to do a bunch of fabrication work.

Let me know what you have as well as condition. Price is not a consideration at this point.

Phil

Welcome flip! 1st post. Just wonder why you need lift gate latches if you have a halfcab? Is your top a homemade half cab, because a factory half cab would have just a window not a lift gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

flip

Loc.
Jasper, IN
We are going the full cab route with the resto. The donor we bought was a full that had been converted to a half. I don't want to get into great detail on our project right now because I made a commitment to Jon when I initially registered.

I can say that I am a Ford dealer that is building a '76 that will be donated to an organization this fall who will auction it off for a local non profit. We have partnered with many of the vendors on this site and greatly appreciate their contributions and technical knowledge.

I also appreciate the wealth of knowledge on this site and quite honestly, without it, there is NO way we would or could be doing this.

When we are done I hope to release all of our build documentation to CB along with very extensive wiring diagrams for the Explorer swap I have been making. The build is very Icon'ish with a bunch of our unique touches.

Said too much, will shut trap now so it doesn't look like I'm trying to spam the fourm.

Phil

p.s. Still need the latches ;D

OP
OP
F

flip

Loc.
Jasper, IN
Yes, sir.

At this point I would be happy if someone had one we could borrow to make a template from. This is holding up the body work and fitting of the hatch. I have been buying parts as they are needed and had no idea this was made from unobtanium. Woof!

Status
Not open for further replies.