• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield brace question

SavageBurro

I have not tried that. TBP sells this: https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/windshield-braces-66-77-early-ford-bronco-pair

I welded a tab and made something like the TBP brace with a few dollars in parts from our local hardware store. I also added a little rubber bushing to go in the eyes of the turnbuckle (where the bolts go through) to help provide a little bit of flexibility.

If you can't weld a tab on, then I'd see where the clamp style something or other could be the ticket.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I have searched and have only found only turn buckle style braces. Has anyone tried these?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183143032773
That would be a neat way to secure the windshield to the cage but the length of that arm is crucial. They look huge in the main photo but then much smaller below. Im tempted to pick up a set and try them out but my cage won't be going back in for several weeks

lG9SGgp.jpg

How far is your cage from the windshield/hard top holes?

OP
OP
L

Leprechaun311

Thank you. I have seen those. And I am ok at welding. But I do not have a welding machine. Or a nursery. So I thought these might work

OP
OP
L

Leprechaun311

That would be a neat way to secure the windshield to the cage but the length of that arm is crucial. They look huge in the main photo but then much smaller below. Im tempted to pick up a set and try them out but my cage won't be going back in for several weeks

lG9SGgp.jpg

How far is your cage from the windshield/hard top holes?

I did order a set, worth a try for 12 bucks. They should be here next week. I will post pictures of them working or if it is a fail

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Oh damn they're coming from China that fast? $40 from US sellers. Heres a better photo and the top one is how I would rotate the arm and bolt it through the hard top holes. The arm portion is just about 3.5" long so it might work perfect on my setup. I submitted an offer of $9.50, so we'll see haha

s-l1600.jpg

This is what Im using now. Tapped and threaded a hole in the cage for another heim eyelet but I needed 2 coupling nuts to make up the gap between them

Vnaekya.jpg

SavageBurro

Thank you. I have seen those. And I am ok at welding. But I do not have a welding machine. Or a nursery. So I thought these might work

Ok, I have to ask.... what's the relevance of "a nursery"? Typo? Maybe I'm old and nursery is the term used to describe an enclosed and conditioned space equipped with tools and ice-cold beverages served by beautiful members of the opposite sex?

OP
OP
L

Leprechaun311

Oh damn they're coming from China that fast? $40 from US sellers. Heres a better photo and the top one is how I would rotate the arm and bolt it through the hard top holes. The arm portion is just about 3.5" long so it might work perfect on my setup. I submitted an offer of $9.50, so we'll see haha

s-l1600.jpg

The one in he link is from the US and 12.90. My horizontal bar is a bit far from my windshield. So I am going to try my vertical bar first and secure it to the outmost bolt

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I'm using the turnbuckles from TBP, then later on looking through Tractor Supply for some bolts I needed, I see a few bins with different sizes for super cheap, 1/4 the price of the ones I bought, oh well, live and learn. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 97

Mike42p

Let me know what you do. I’m super interested in that set up. Thanks.

OP
OP
L

Leprechaun311

I took the top off yesterday and put the bikini on. These ended up working. I had to drill out the end a bit. Not perfect but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro