• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

ransil

Bronco Guru
Folks still lined up at the pumps when diesel was $4.50 gallon in 2008/09, commuters will still commute, public transportation folks will still use them no matter the price of fuel not matter if it's high or low. Ford hung in there when times were bad and others took handouts, so I'm thinking that Ford has a good sense of what's good for Ford.
Have you seen the stock price lately? no one is believing in Ford.
Month ago GM mentions self driving spinoff division or something like that stock shot up 10%. Ford did the same last week, i think they thru out to much info saying its wont happen for 5 years, stock didnt budge, until earnings missed.

Everyone seem to have a hardon for self driving , why buy a car take the bus.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
Folks still lined up at the pumps when diesel was $4.50 gallon in 2008/09, commuters will still commute, public transportation folks will still use them no matter the price of fuel not matter if it's high or low. Ford hung in there when times were bad and others took handouts, so I'm thinking that Ford has a good sense of what's good for Ford.
I bought a shitty honda accord for $1k when that happened, then a TDI and finally a Focus, truck gets about 1000 miles a year on it since littl over 100k on it 01 7.3 f250, Would sell it but its worth more to me for use to haul stuff when i need it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Wait! A new Bronco out and about testing? The latest I heard it would be no sooner than 2021

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Ford knows whats good for Ford. They have been doing it long enough. How would you like to have your own buisness and have everyone and their mother tell you how to run it and what you can and cannot do. How is it greed if they invest their own money to make money? Greed is the pepole who want to force others to bend to their wishes rather than work for it themselves.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
There is almost zero market for a 2 door SUV. Hell I its hard to even casually see a new generation 2 door Wrangler, they are almost all 4dr. The new Raptors? I have the only "2 door" (SCAB) Raptor I have seen. Even though the shorter frame/wheelbase and lighter weight makes it superior off road, they are all being ordered as 4 doors.

A front straight axle? I love my Bronco, but today I was up in the woods in the Raptor and was tooling along on rutted, washboarded sand/mud fire roads/trails at 35-55 mph and I it felt like I was on the interstate. I would have been hanging upside down in the swamp if I tried that in my Bronco.

What everyone wants the new Bronco to be is like the Icon Bronco and even that wouldn't measure up and it's what $150k to $250k??? Land Rover Defender 90s that are 20 years old still are in the $35k-$65K range.

Anyone that thinks they will get an even half capable new Bronco for $40k is crazy...that's the price of a bargain basement F150 4x4.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Today in Phoenix, new unlimited Rubicon $39,800, not too crazy.

They get that much because there is no competition.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

yeah, they got a hold on the market for sure w/all the add ons available etc.. Hopefully that changes in 2020 :D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Is that for an '18 JK or JL? 2 door or 4 door? My '17 Unlimited Rubicon Recon Edition was about $10K more than that. It's been all over CO and Moab. If the new Bronco can do Cliffhanger (assuming it can be lifted and fitted with 35's or 37's) I'll buy one! ;D :cool:

Jaxgtc

That’s a good one. The picture of the reto-style red S-10 Blazer is always my favorite NB concept. :p

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
To the surprise of many, the Bronco Bolt will have a hybrid diesel-electric engine that was developed in collaboration with Tesla founder Elon Musk.

Happy April Fools Day!

First line, last line.

Elon Musk has said he will put the Ford F series out of business.

Last edited: