• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Creepy Van lady" lives....

trekgurl

got my trailer today,, last post,,,,,

;D I was just about to give up and finally found me a van after about several years of looking. 2013 Ford, E-250 super duty, 5.4L, a blank slate,,, Gonna make me a camping , fishing, bug out, sin bin, drag around my Bronco vehicle. I may have to live in it to pay for it,, haha.

Makes my bronco look tiny,,,,,

Now I gotta find me a trailer...%)

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You can park it under the bridge, down by the river.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Know an electrician who got one. His daughter's school friends called it the creeper van when he would pick her up from school. That left him only thing to, get a vanity plate with CREEPER for it.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Nice tow rig and nicer bronco lol. I would put a front axle under it and make it a 4x4, that would be sick. ;);D

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

Creepy van lady now has a trailer

well another piece to the puzzle. Got my trailer today and it pulls pretty good empty. It's a 16ft Rampart 5 in channel, Overall Length is 19.6 ft (trailer ball to end of trailer) x 8.5ft W (outside fenders) (83in between fenders, has 14ft L flat deck and 2ft dovetail w/ rear slide in ramps.). Its rated as a 3.5 ton trailer and will haul 4800 lbs., 3500lb axles, 15 in 8ply radials (maybe upgrade to 10ply?) and Emergency break away. The trailer weighs 2100lbs empty.

I've got things mostly set up but I need my OEM ford trailer pigtail (7 n 4 pin) (to make the lights and electric brakes work and some kind of electric brake system. I was wanting to get the OEM Ford system but not sure if I wouldn't have to "flash" the computer to make it work. I think it's already pre-wired. Need to get my D-rings welded, (Ed ,,I guess I'll be attempting to weld %), get my rachet straps and a spare.

Ball is 2 5/16, 1 1/4 diameter shaft, 10,000lb and the ball mount is rated for 20,000 lb and 2,000lb tongue weight. Still not quite certain on the ball mount drop. It's a 2in drop and 3/4 rise and as you can see "sits up" a little with no load. My van is a superduty and has the 5500lb springs so it "sits up" in the azz some but it really pulls good so far, but need to load the bronco for the acid test. I guess I need to load the bronco on the trailer on flat ground and then see if the drop is still ok?

hmm now where did I leave my bronco??? :eek:

and there's your weekly trailer fix,,,,

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Have you disabled all the inside door releases except for the drivers yet??

Looks like a nice combination. Get the Bronco on it and play with tongue weight, then mark your spot.

Oh don't forget pictures when loaded.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Perfect size trailer for a Bronco!
With the dovetail trailer I just sold, I would put a couple of wooden blocks under the rear corners and just drive up on it. Much easier than using the ramps.

I was towing with a Yukon Denali and without the blocks it would lift the rear of that Yukon almost off the ground. Enough that it would start to scoot down the hill in my driveway....