• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

VERY ORIGINAL 1966 Budd Build to restore (frame off) or not restore (keep original)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Cool find. Find you a springtime yellow gas cap and a 5 pin Bronco emblem and you'll be set. What's it look like under the hood?

Specracer

Our u13 is similar condition, but was resprayed a very long time ago. Had the same question. I chose to leave it, but fixed various not correct items. Only original once, and original paint is a huge plus. If your truck was mine, I would for sure leave it.

EB70

Leave it alone and enjoy. I am probably an outsider, but I prefer stock paint even with scratches as you can actually use it. I'd imagine that the funds required to get it stock and restored may become difficult to recoup. Or at a minimum, require a very special buyer.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I would no line the floors. Would just buy the repop black front mat n through it in the front.

Does the bed look as well as the front? I didn't notice a picture of it anywhere.

nboost

Loc.
Edmond, OK
Mine has a twin

photo3-3.jpg

Specracer

Noooooooo, liner! If you have to do something, spring time yellow paint. I have a couple small holes in the floor, it's fine. I did as another suggested, the Dennis carpenter rubber mat.

How about the floors? Raptor in Springtime Yellow color or paint?

Last edited:

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Leave it! That is what I'm doing with my 70, I have more touch up to do that you. But no bad rust also...
ac6fceacb126bee2f843fed900ada753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk