• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Ol Blue Build, no longer topless

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I also sold my rims to Franko so he could get some use out of them and i'd have a little more room in the garage + some extra play money for the bronco.

Franko, i hope they're working out for you! ;D I'm glad they could go to a fellow bronco brother.

Now that my old wheels were on the way to Florida, it was time for some new ones.

The Rims made it down south ..... THANKS !!!

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178310&page=6

First:

I needed to rework the steering shaft after i installed the 4x4x2 box. To do this i just added a couple Double-D U-joints.

is that a collapsible steering shaft ???

i made mine from a 02 Expedition

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161231&highlight=hilda

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
The Rims made it down south ..... THANKS !!!

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178310&page=6

is that a collapsible steering shaft ???

i made mine from a 02 Expedition

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161231&highlight=hilda

Franko,
Its good to hear that the rims made it to you! I owe Tito big time for taking care of the shipping for me.

The steering shaft is just the stock straight shaft cut into a couple pieces with some U-Joints added in to help with the severe angle caused by the body lift.
I looked at the one that you made and really like it. I may have to look into doing something similar in the future because mine gets the job done but a collapsible shaft would be safer of course.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Update:
I've been working like crazy lately so not much time for the rig. Yesterday i did manage to knock a couple things out before work though.

I wanted to get the bronco back to rolling again so i installed the braided brake lines from the hard line to the calipers. sorry i didn't take any pictures but they're pretty standard.

next i put the front supsension & steering back together and finally mounted my new rims/ tires!!

Attachments

• iphone 107.jpg
    iphone 107.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 188
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Here's a view of the front end:

I think the drag link and trac bar angles look pretty good. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• iphone 102.jpg
    iphone 102.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 171
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
The more i looked at the wiring on 'Ol Blue, the more it looked like future headaches.
So next on the Ta-do-list is to rewire everything.

I decided to go with the Centech harness because i've heard a lot of good things about it and i couldn't justify double the cost for a Painless harness.

Now all i need is some time off work to get started.

Doesn't this look like fun ;D:

Attachments

• iphone 082.jpg
    iphone 082.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Well i had some more time before work today to get a little brconco time in so i decided to start removing the old harness. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it torn apart again because it just looks counter productive but the wiring has to be done and i think removing the dash will make things easier so here we go:%)

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Success!!!
;D

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
If i get some free time before work in the next couple days i'll finish getting rid of the rest of the old harness and i'll be ready to start installing the new one.

It's going to be a lot more work than taking the old one out obviously so i'll have to wait for a day off to dive into that project.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I also decided to pull the heater box while i was working under the dash so while its out i'm going to do the chevy heater motor and cage mod. I ordered the parts a few days ago so as soon as they come in i'll get that done.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Oh, one more thing... I went out to work on the bronco yesterday and my garage looked like it had been hit by a tornado. I've just been dragging out tools and working on several different projects without taking the time to put everything away.
So i decided that i needed to clean up before i could get any work done. I put all my tools back in my tool box and organized it again, threw away a bunch of old parts/ boxes from new parts/ junk i had laying around, then swept and vacumed the garage floor, rolled up extension cords, etc...
By the time i was done all i had time to do was reconnect the front drive shaft.%)

oh well, at least i can work in and around the bronco without tripping over stuff and having to search the floor when i need a 3/4 combo wrench.

Anyone else have this problem? lol

Attachments

• 033 (2).jpg
    033 (2).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 034 (2).jpg
    034 (2).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 141

Numberfool

Real interested in your feedback and challenges on the Centech harness... Just bought the same setup and will be doing the same in a few weeks.

Really appreciate it if you can snap some pictures and share your experience after. From what I saw when I opened the box and looked at the harness, the terminations and looms look clean. Half price compared to painless... Hoping its not twice the Pain.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
It sure is looking good! I have the same problem... I get so into working on something that I dont put my tools up... before you know it I have stuff everywhere!!

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Real interested in your feedback and challenges on the Centech harness... Just bought the same setup and will be doing the same in a few weeks.

Really appreciate it if you can snap some pictures and share your experience after. From what I saw when I opened the box and looked at the harness, the terminations and looms look clean. Half price compared to painless... Hoping its not twice the Pain.

Will do Number! I have very minimal electrical experience so if I get it done then anyone can.