• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tilt column issue

g-71

Just installed a flaming river tilt column. Connected the wires as per the instructions, with the exception of the two horn wires (I don't have a horn yet) and the flasher wire (flasher is on the dash). None of the turn signals work, but when I apply the brakes all four lights come on ????. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, but can't for the life of me figure it out. Any help would GREATLY appriciated !!!!
Thanks in advance,
Mike

randbjorn

Contributor
Hi Mike,
Lots of variables in your question and I'm not sure I can help but I know a thing or two about wiring so I'll take a whack at it.. What do you mean when you say all four lights come on? Are you saying both the front and rear turn signals illuminate when stepping on the brake pedal? It sounds like the hazard switch is engaged on the column. Since you haven't hooked up a supply to the hazard input, its back feeding power through the brake switch. Disengage the hazard switch on the column and I'll bet your turn signals will function normally. Since that column has a hazard switch built into it, you'll have to get creative with the wiring to get it to work. Hope thats helps.

OP
OP
G

g-71

That is correct, both lights front and rear the bright element comes on. I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Mike

OP
OP
G

g-71

Randbjorn, you were spot on. I feel so dumb. Thanks again.