• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adjusting kick down cable on aod

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
No, factory baseline at idle is 33psi +/- 5 psi. If you are at 5 psi at idle and have been trying to drive it there is a possibility you could have burned clutches from slipping them.
I know this is an old thread, but this is way wrong. 33 psi WITH the gage piece installed, is correct and 0-5psi at idle IS CORRECT without that gage piece installed. I’m sure that’s what you meant to say, but certainly not clear here.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Any transmission experts that can explain why I have 80 psi all th e time?
And assuming you already fixed this years ago, but might’ve been that your tv lever wasn’t returning all the way back—I installed an extra spring on the lever to make sure mine does as I was getting 60 at idle because mine wasn’t returning since the Lokar spring sucks if your tv lever is facing up (I think).