• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Bench Seat ID Help Please

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Those are NICE....very NICE

I couldn't locate the original Ford materials and even posted asking about them back several years ago. All the shops around me said it was no longer being produced but I knew it was because I had seem some photos of restoration with new covers.

Care to share the material name and maybe a source for any future projects I might do ?

Looking back, I'm kind of glad I didn't fine any as I love how mine turned out. Fits my rig better then the stock colors. I got an OD green and black thing going on.

Tim

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Those are NICE....very NICE

I couldn't locate the original Ford materials and even posted asking about them back several years ago. All the shops around me said it was no longer being produced but I knew it was because I had seem some photos of restoration with new covers.

Care to share the material name and maybe a source for any future projects I might do ?

Looking back, I'm kind of glad I didn't fine any as I love how mine turned out. Fits my rig better then the stock colors. I got an OD green and black thing going on.

Tim

Thanks.

If we were not doing all original on our 66 and 67, I'd probably have done something custom with different material as well.

Bronco Hut has bought up a lot of the original materials used on the Broncos. There are two main players in NOS OEM upholstery vinyl and cloth materials: SMS and Original Auto Interiors.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
U151-wagon, G-302,G-automatic C4 transmission, L-Michigan plant, U65390-June 1974 build, 092inch wheelbase, 6-bright medblue color, V4-? Clue to Explorer interior, DSO-New Orleans, 890axle-? Above my pay grade. Some reference to power steering also???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V4=Red Explorer Buckets and rear seat.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Wow thanks for the quick responce .i bought it last year and just trying to get info for the restore

WB Color Type Body
092 6 U151 V4

Didn't see this earlier, sorry. V4=Red explorer buckets and year, like slims above.

Edit: and I didn't realized slim posted your pics for you lol, I'm way behind on the game :)

OP
OP
D

Dixie

Loc.
Bogalusa,La
Blue with red seats lol i think i want put it back orignal lol thanks for the decode it really helped me out

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
So how many were made in 72 then?

244923cfd870a83fdeae6820ea820e92.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1285 1972 u14 according to Jeffs bronco graveyard I also own one of then.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

slim811

Contributor
Blue with red seats lol i think i want put it back orignal lol thanks for the decode it really helped me out

Used BroncoOhio as a resource, not always reliable. IMG_1107.jpg
Late year production, possibly used 1975 paint code "6" DK Brown IMG_1113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Front Bench Seat ORIGINAL fabric (silver mink or parchment & silver)

There's a company called SMS Auto Fabrics. They have NOS and when that's not available reproduction original pattern fabrics for both the explorer, ranger, and both 1966 and 1967 matchstick patterns.

www.smsautofabrics.com

Here is a photo of my 66 with NOS fabric.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 66 front bench 3.jpg
    66 front bench 3.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 73