• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Restoration Recommendation

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Are you looking for a true restoration, or a restomod/custom? Big difference as many of the builders mentioned have never done and would miss many details on a true restoration.

Customs are cool and have their own challenges, but so does an authentic restoration.

IMO, CFB is very cookie cutter, so is ICON, they build them their way. Krawler's Edge builds them however you want (stock to custom 4 door and everything in between).

There are 20 or more full time Bronco builders our there now. I know many of them personally and spoke with most of the rest of them last year when I put together a Pro-Builder feature for the Bronco 50th Anniversary at the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

You would need to be more specific with what you had in mind for the build before it could be narrowed down to the best few that fit your goals.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
With your kind of budget get on a plane and visit the shops on your short list. Get out to Bronco events and walk the ground and talk to people who have Bronco's of the caliber you seek. You can start with Fab Fords at knotts Berry Farm in Anahiem California on April 30th. You want high end you just have to anti up to get into the game. Otherwise go shopping at Icon who will be glad to take your cash. You can also wait until 2020 when Ford will sell you a Brandy new Ford Bronco. Good luck in your endeviour.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
^^^ Good point, if you have a big budget, get out and look at the work in person. Pics lie not only on used and amateur built Broncos, but on some "pro" build ones as well.

Tugross302

I went to nicks shop in December and was very impressed with the projects he is working on. He's a great guy and he'll tell it to you straight. You won't get an estimate from him though. He says it's all parts and time. Depends on what your bronco needs and the time it takes to do it. I trusted him enough to give a large deposit in order to get an appointment. He said it should be late summer 2018. I can't wait

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
ANY good shop worth the effort will tell you it's all 'parts and time'! You simply cannot quote a job and expect a quality outcome building cars. When I was building cars it was a straight hourly rate plus parts either until the customer was finished or the car was finished. One off builds have to be that way.

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
Best thing to do is go to the bronco shows. Vendors and builders will be there. Look at the build if it's been a year and showing its age and has cracks in the paint, stay away. Good body work is mint to last for years. Alot of people can make a photo of a restoration look good on here. But it's a different story seeing it in person.