• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 U15 Sport Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I picked up the Half Cab from a member here from Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks Sam.

The Half Cab Top and Swing Out Tire Carrier are already dropped off at the body shop. Top will be Wimbledon White and the Tire Carrier will be body color. I am hoping this one will be done in a couple weeks, tops.

I'm eager to bring it back and finish the rest of it. Parts have been waiting for awhile.

pipeline010

Looking forward to seeing this combo.

Originally I hated the half-cab look but I'm starting to warm up to it.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Half Cab can look a little short, especially if it also has a lift. It will look longer with the tire carrier on the back.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I finally have the Bronco back front the body Shop and in my shop to complete the build. Now I have some work to do.

Here is what it looks like as of today.

I really like the Half Cab look but it does seem a little short. It will look a little longer to the eye with the spare Tire Installed on the back.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco Body Front.jpg
    69 Bronco Body Front.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 69 Bronco - Body Rear.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body Rear.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 69 Bronco - Body 1.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body 1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 164
  • 69 Bronco - Body 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Body 2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 165

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very classy look - the argent grill and red in the emblems really pop on that color. Coming along nicely, congrats on the progress.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thank you.

I had second thoughts about the color at first, but I really like it.

Funny, my favorite part, which I do to most of my Broncos, is the Red Oxide Epoxy on the underside. The Black frame, Stainless Brake and Fuel Lines and Silver Trans and Drive Shafts really POP!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I finally have the Bronco back front the body Shop and in my shop to complete the build. Now I have some work to do.

Here is what it looks like as of today.

I really like the Half Cab look but it does seem a little short. It will look a little longer to the eye with the spare Tire Installed on the back.

looks really good man...

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks.

I have all the parts to complete the build. I'm just hoping I can stay on it and get it done in a seasonable time frame.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the F-Series serpentine system mocked up today. Ford replacement High Flow Water pump, 180' Thermostat, 1/2" Fan Spacer, 17" Rigid Fan, Toms Aluminum 5.0L conversion radiator. i'll also install the Original Bronco Fan Shroud with minor trimming to clear the tensioner.

There is about an inch clearance from fan to radiator. The PS pulley will need to be pressed in farther to align with other pulleys. I will also have to measure for a correct Crank Pulley Spacer.

I have never had an issue with this set-up and no overheating even here in Hot, Humid Florida. This fan moves a TON of air.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - Serpentine 3.jpg
    69 Bronco - Serpentine 3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 69 Bronco - Serpentine 2.jpg
    69 Bronco - Serpentine 2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 69 Bronco - Serpentine 1.jpg
    69 Bronco - Serpentine 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks.

I have all the parts to complete the build. I'm just hoping I can stay on it and get it done in a seasonable time frame.

Always the hardest part... Everything else wants to interfere..

Good luck sir..

I feel your pain

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got these Dodge wheels in last week. They are 17x7". I was curious about Fitment so I mocked them up on my Yellow 77 to see how well they clear the knuckles. Plenty of room even for wheel weights.

But, these wheels are for the 69 Half Cab Sport with 255/80R17 (33/10.50/17) Toyo ATIIs. The center bore had to be enlarged (3 1/2") to fit over the Front Hubs of the Bronco. I also have the wheels drilled and tapped for the later Bronco Center Caps pictured.

With a 3" Lift and Uncut fenders these should be a nice fit. I painted them the Same Argent/Silver as the Front Grill of the truck to match.

Attachments

• 1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheel Fit.jpg
    1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheel Fit.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 69 Bronco - 17x7 Wheels.jpg
    69 Bronco - 17x7 Wheels.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the Dodge 17" wheels and 255/80R17 Toyos mounted today. I am very happy with this combination. Keeps in Touch with the Old School Look. The wheels are painted the same color as the Grill Center.

Attachments

• 1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels.jpg
    1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels Rear.jpg
    1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels Rear.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels Passenger.jpg
    1969 Bronco - 17%22 Wheels Passenger.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 103

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks fantastic. How tall do the tires actually measure out at on the vehicle?

Oh, and it looks like you've already done your first version of the "chalk test" with the tires. Might want to check the air pressure, since I see dirt only on the center ribs of the front and the back in the picture.

Could just be skewed by not much drive time on them, but that's what it looks like to me.

Paul

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Truly a thing 'o' beauty! The color combos really knock it out of the park!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I got the Dodge 17" wheels and 255/80R17 Toyos mounted today. I am very happy with this combination. Keeps in Touch with the Old School Look. The wheels are painted the same color as the Grill Center.

Very nice sir...

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks all.

Hey Paul, any marks on the tires is from me rolling them around the shop. I'll start with 30psi and go from there. Advertised at 33/10 but I'll take a height measurement today for you.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Using a tape measure, the front tires mounted on the Bronco are 32.5" Tall.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I decided to go ahead and add A/C to this truck. Much easier now than adding later.

The Original Heater Box has been pulled and a 4-Port Bulk-Head Connector has been installed in the center of the Firewall.