• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Potenital 2020 Bronco Competition

71Broncitis

I'd be very surprised if a major manufacturer would ever put out a lifted vehicle with large tires short wheel base and that much horsepower. Their lawyers would surely put a stop to that real quick.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I already have serious doubts that the new Bronco II* will really be a competitor to the regular Wrangler.

With this will the rumored Raptor version of the (still) rumored new Bronco be enough?
Even if it is more like the idea at the bottom of the article it may set the bar too high.

* Based on the Ranger, same as the earlier versions of the Bronco II

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
I already have serious doubts that the new Bronco II* will really be a competitor to the regular Wrangler.

With this will the rumored Raptor version of the (still) rumored new Bronco be enough?
Even if it is more like the idea at the bottom of the article it may set the bar too high.

Based on the Australian Ranger. A different animal. Midsize, full-frame pick up. I continue to have high hopes for it, although I will never buy one. I'm way too cheap for that!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
They started their hype with it would be a capable off-road competitor to the Wrangler, but the details they have released have pointed to something much more like an Escape or Explorer.
Whether the design team doesn't get it or the bean counters overruled them, but it looks like it will too many compromises made to be much of anything special.

OX1

Bronco Guru
They started their hype with it would be a capable off-road competitor to the Wrangler, but the details they have released have pointed to something much more like an Escape or Explorer.
Whether the design team doesn't get it or the bean counters overruled them, but it looks like it will too many compromises made to be much of anything special.

Agreed. As soon as I saw it would be "comparable" for
everything except rock crawling, I realized it will not
be all that hard core.

No removable roof and not even semi hard core offroad.
Why bother..............

Skiddy

Bronco Guru

a bronco III:cry:

Cortez

Bronco Guru
They will miss the boat if the Coyote isn't somehow part of the option list.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check out the link at the bottom of the Trailcat page - 325HP for the new Bronco

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...25-hp-turbocharged-v-6-report-says/ar-AAopoBV

Then they won't have my business, unfortunately.

Jeep makes 290HP out of their normally aspirated v6. Chargers can get the same motor with different tune putting out 300. You can buy a Dodge supercharger to fit on the thing pushing it to 330 easily, with factory warranty.

Why only a 4 door? That tells me they don't want the rock crowd, nor pure offroad crowd, they want the mall cruising crowd which there is plenty of in my neck of the woods where for every 1 true offroading jeep like mine, there are 30 which look pretty enough to go offroad, but never see anything worse than a parking lot speedbump.