• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rant about auto makers

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Rustytruck - Thanks, I had already gone outside earlier today and started it up and shifted into the S mode and was able to manually shift into 6th gear.

1971lubr - thanks for the confirmation......did a lot of searching for nothing!

Also the CEMENT color, which I love is available ONLY in a 5' bed and one distinct package, if I am correct.

I am sorry, but to me a 5' bed does not a truck make!!!!! Same as the half cab Broncos that some people call a truck - doesn't have a truck bed.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Ok

You can only get a 5' bed in 6MT. 6' beds are AT only. Stupid.

WOW! When I was looking to buy one last year and I built a Tacoma on-line around 50 times...I was always able to choose a manual trans. But you are correct, I just went to build a Tacoma and could not add a manual trans. Stupid! I would wonder if you could order one with a manual?

OP
OP
1971lubr

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
And a manual transmission was the only what the Bronco was ever sold for the first part of its life. How a real utility vehicle should be.

And bringing this into being Bronco related.

Well, it kind of is.... I asked since my Bronco is now on the road, I really have no need for my jeep as a dd. I use it for work and have a 5x10 trailer, which isn't the most convenient. I'd like to sell it and get a full size pick up since the Bronco is my fun vehicle now. But since I can't get a full size that will fit 4x8 materials in the bed in a manual, I'll just keep running the JK and trailer. See? It really was a bronco related question.

And to bring it full circle, stupid moves like this by Ford bean counters is why I know deep in my heart that they will f the new Bronco all to tears.

Last edited:

ame

I have heard that emissions is a large reason why so many manuals went away, its easy for an automaker to keep an automatic transmission from lugging and in the best RPM range, no so much with manuals.

Hard to deny how far automatics have come in the last 20 years though, definitely not the same as driving a manual but much better then old 4spd autos.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I have heard that emissions is a large reason why so many manuals went away, its easy for an automaker to keep an automatic transmission from lugging and in the best RPM range, no so much with manuals.

Hard to deny how far automatics have come in the last 20 years though, definitely not the same as driving a manual but much better then old 4spd autos.

Yep, Corvette now comes with 10 speed auto.

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
And Raptors, I have a buddy with a 2017 Raptor and pretty crazy how good that 10spd auto feels.

Yea... I have a 2017 F-150 Platinum, 3.5L Ecoboost with the 10 speed auto. It shifts perfectly, especially in "Sport" mode. I get much better gas mileage in Sport mode than in normal mode. Sport mode keeps it in the optimum rpm range ALL the time. I was a bit leery about the 10spd, but it is all as advertised. Nice, seamless shifts all the way through. I really liked the Raptor, but it comes with a $20,000-25,000 higher price tag than the Platinum.

ChrisC74

Yea... I have a 2017 F-150 Platinum, 3.5L Ecoboost with the 10 speed auto. It shifts perfectly, especially in "Sport" mode. I get much better gas mileage in Sport mode than in normal mode. Sport mode keeps it in the optimum rpm range ALL the time. I was a bit leery about the 10spd, but it is all as advertised. Nice, seamless shifts all the way through. I really liked the Raptor, but it comes with a $20,000-25,000 higher price tag than the Platinum.
Seriously, sport mode gets better mpg than standard? I am going to have to play with that. I have tried to stay away from it because I was sure it would knock down the mpg...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EricLar80

Bronco Guru

I recently bought a Chevy SS (not camaro) with a 6-spd manual & LS3 and didn't have to pay the gas guzzler tax because it has skip shift. Those who get the auto would have to pay the tax. I have heard the same thing applies to the corvette.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Did you know that you can no longer get a manual transmission in a 4wd pick up?

Ram 2500 or 3500 with turbo diesel is the last available manual. That sucks, I don't need a 3/4 ton rattler and I don't want to drive an automatic every day.

Just had to vent.

All them lazy peeps that don't like the hassle of shifting.. the world we liv ein haha

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Did you know that you can no longer get a manual transmission in a 4wd pick up?

Ram 2500 or 3500 with turbo diesel is the last available manual. That sucks, I don't need a 3/4 ton rattler and I don't want to drive an automatic every day.

Just had to vent.

Toyota Hilux .... but you have to import it from Europe !

Attachments

• hilux.jpg
    hilux.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 19

No Hay

Bronco Guru
All them lazy peeps that don't like the hassle of shifting.. the world we liv ein haha

Hey, I'm not lazy, well, maybe so, after shifting the mountain bike, road bike, dirt bike, street bike and quad! I like the C4 ;D

roundhouse

Bronco Guru

The automatics are always lugging

My new 17 Chevy 2500 4wd shifts up so fast it's in 5th at 30 mph and 6th right after
Drives me crazy
In city traffic around 40-50 mph
Mashing the gas pedal does nothing
Unless you floor it
Then it slams down two or three gears

There is no in between

sriha

The automatics are always lugging

My new 17 Chevy 2500 4wd shifts up so fast it's in 5th at 30 mph and 6th right after
Drives me crazy
In city traffic around 40-50 mph
Mashing the gas pedal does nothing
Unless you floor it
Then it slams down two or three gears

There is no in between

Our 2014 Chevy 1500 is horrible. Never knows what gear to be in and usually has sloppy shifts.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Our 2014 Chevy 1500 is horrible. Never knows what gear to be in and usually has sloppy shifts.

If I'm not on the interstate I just keep mine in manual mode so I can shift it myself
Or keep it in trailer tow mode which shifts it almost normal but it also slams downshifts when you slow down and that's annoying

Lexis had rev matching downshifts about ten years ago but GM can't do it ??

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
They are gone because nobody bought them - I'd rather have an auto in a diesel any day.