• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 Bronco V8 "Bruce Banner" Build

OP
OP
T

thomasstemmle

Loc.
Las Vegas
Hey Thomas, Been wondering how the frame surgery went? Ken

Thank you guys for your followup. Not a lot has happened with the 67. Ive had a lot of life issues, we all know how that goes. My 96 bronco needs extensive repairs, so until I can get it back running good as my daily again, the 67 is on hold. I think I may have lucked out with the frame. I have the body sitting on it with the new bushings, and the holes are pretty freaking close. For my purposes, it looks like it will work just fine, I may have finally lucked out. I purchased new rear shock mounts and a new front frame core support mount that I need to have welded on.
I am going to be moving soon, which is definitely going to hinder progress, but it is a slightly larger size garage! ;D

OP
OP
T

thomasstemmle

Loc.
Las Vegas
Still not much going on, but I got a great deal on some parts recently. It may not be much, but seeing a rear bench seat in the tub feels good!

Attachments

• 20180310_162452.jpg
    20180310_162452.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
T

thomasstemmle

Loc.
Las Vegas
Again, still a lot on hold. I recently moved, upon which time, my wife decided to start shacking up with one of the movers. So.... an expensive divorce, and slow progress later, and here i am lol. I have slowly been renovating the house and making repairs as needed. With my health, its a very slow process, but any progress is good progress. Recently I finally got the garage cleared out of extra projects, so I have a lot of room to start working on the 67. I had to have surgery this week to have my ICD generator changed out. What would normally be a 1 hour procedure, turned into a 6 hour destruction of my shoulder. I am finally home from the hospital, but it will be probably at least a month before I can do any physical work on the 67. I have continued collecting some useful parts, a decent hood, roll bar, wall art grill, and bumper. Also got a large basin for rust bath soaks for parts. Big enough to submerge my radius arms in, which will be useful as I prep items for paint/powdercoat

Attachments

• 20180721_194919.jpg
    20180721_194919.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 49

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
No offense but sounds like your (hopefully ex) wife is...not good people, so better you find out now than later! Not sure how the wall art grill is ‘useful’ but I think working on your 67 will be very therapeutic. Hearing stories like yours makes me ashamed to even mention the petty obstacles I face on a daily basis, so keep working hard and thank you for the inspiration -Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At least your Bronco is still with you. Can't say it's going to be less expensive than a divorce when all is said and done though!
But it'll be more rewarding and a happier outcome at this point at least.%);D

Good luck!
With the Bronco AND the health too!

Paul

OP
OP
T

thomasstemmle

Loc.
Las Vegas
Thanks guys! Not supposed to lift anything, but already getting stir crazy. Laid on the hood, but I'm noticing several stress cracks that I didnt see before. Guess I slightly overpaid for my parts. Also got the grill up. I sanded down the letters, and I love the way it looks with the rust. I want to get some headlights and markers lights wired up too. Can anyone share any recommended ways to do it easily? Also, what year do you think it is?

Attachments

• 20180729_185055.jpg
    20180729_185055.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20180729_190728.jpg
    20180729_190728.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 26

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also, what year do you think it is?

I just had to laugh when I saw that line. The first thing I thought of was that song by Johnny Cash about parts from every year...

Laid on the hood, but I'm noticing several stress cracks that I didnt see before.

Stress cracks on the underside, near the middle cross-brace are common. Especially when used with hood shocks.
If they're not all that bad, you can simply reinforce that channel along the outer edge on each side and be good to go.
I'm sure some weld theirs in, but most I've seen were "glued-n-screwed" in place. Sheet metal screws or rivets seem to work well, as well as silicone sealer as an extra level of support.
So far so good with all the ones I know of.

I want to get some headlights and markers lights wired up too. Can anyone share any recommended ways to do it easily?

Because you have the '74/'75 body, you have the holes for the side marker wiring already. Don't think any aftermarket new fenders come with the marker light holes themselves though. But there are plenty of threads around with measurements for cutting your own.
You at the wiring phase already? Or just having some fun with a few things?

For headlights, you'll just need all the physical mounting stuff, but they were all the same for all years in this case, so any parts you have laying around "should" fit. Buckets, springs, adjusters, retaining rings and outer beauty rings, all will at least have the same holes and things to line up.
Good luck finding those pesky little screws in all your piles though!
The retainer ring screws are particularly small. The outer rings can accept small sheet metal screws, as long as you have the speed-clips, or Tinnerman clips, or whatever that type is called.

What harness will you be using?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And speaking of VIN's and things...

74 vin decal.jpg

The one on your body is very interesting. Worth getting another Marti if you can I would think, since this is the body you're using. Even if you're going with the '67 theme, it might still be interesting to know what it was originally.
The fact that it was built in September puts it at the very end of the production run, or maybe even into the next model year ('75) instead.
I'm not good enough with the numbers, so can't tell if it's supposed to be a '74 or '75, but it would be cool to find out.

Since it did not come with a dash or glovebox door, a Marti (even the basic one) is probably the only way to find out the details.
Looks like the VIN indicates a very early '75, but as I said, I'm not up on my numbers.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always something chief... just take one day at a time..

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Also got the grill up. I sanded down the letters, and I love the way it looks with the rust. I want to get some headlights and markers lights wired up too. Can anyone share any recommended ways to do it easily? Also, what year do you think it is?

I believe ALL EB grills are stamped the same, with the exception of the very early eyebrow grill. Even when the larger amber front turn signals were mandated Ford did not change the grill to accommodate them. There's a thread in the tech section on how to modify the housings (I think) for amber lenses that actually fit the hole, which is on my short to-do list because I think they look like crap

Because you have the '74/'75 body, you have the holes for the side marker wiring already. Don't think any aftermarket new fenders come with the marker light holes themselves though. But there are plenty of threads around with measurements for cutting your own.
You at the wiring phase already? Or just having some fun with a few things?

For headlights, you'll just need all the physical mounting stuff, but they were all the same for all years in this case, so any parts you have laying around "should" fit. Buckets, springs, adjusters, retaining rings and outer beauty rings, all will at least have the same holes and things to line up.
Good luck finding those pesky little screws in all your piles though!
The retainer ring screws are particularly small. The outer rings can accept small sheet metal screws, as long as you have the speed-clips, or Tinnerman clips, or whatever that type is called.

What harness will you be using?

Paul

Paul I'm not sure if he's asking how to wire the EB or turn the grill into a light fixture?? ?:?;D;D