• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Confirmed VIN

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
If it were me I'd do my best to clean that vin up with rust remover and take a picture before covering it up with a good paint. Preserve that stamp as Broncos are very hard to come by these days with their original VINs.

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Oh I got pics of the one in the engine bay and the one under the passenger seat. I did think about NOT gooping this coating on the ViNs, maybe clear coat a rectangle around them?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I had my frame galvanized and then powder coated. It's overkill but that's what I wanted. During both processes I made sure both VINs were not coated. I'll probably coat mine with a layer of enamel paint that will allow me to read the vin. In your case any rust remover should work but don't use anything like sandpaper or abrasive disc. I'd try a chemical rust remover first using a fine wire brush to get in the groves. sandblasting is an option for your entire frame but ask the guys to be easy on your VINs.