• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OEM Gauge Cluster Measurements?

chriskent85

Needing to know the overall measurement of the gauge face. My truck didnt come with one and I cant find the info anywhere.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Chris. Starting pretty fresh with that Bronco there, eh?!
Lot of that going around. Do you not have the dash with the hole in it already though?
I'm not near by Bronco now, but I'm sure someone will know.
Sounds like you're considering making up something of your own. Whatcha got in mind?

If nobody responds soon, you could call us at WH (209-400-7200 extension "shameless plug":cool:;)) to see if someone wouldn't mind grabbing the tape measure and walking over to a display and grabbing a quick measurement for you.
Maybe head over to the Dakota Digital site and see if they list the size for their digital replacements. I'll see if I can find it too.

In the meantime, back to the top for more views.

Paul

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Easiest is to take the gauge apart and you will see the area covered by the face. I refurbished my instrument cluster. Totally disassembled, cut out a new round face using my bench top band saw and plexi-glass. Used black RTV it secure the face. Repainted the black, then tested all the gauges. Re-assembled.

Gauges1_zpsqohbhmwg.jpg

OP
OP
C

chriskent85

From what I have found out that the universal 7" Dakota digital gauge cluster is the same size as the factory bronco but has a better layout in my opinion and will get rid of the screws coming thru the dash. I will also be able to move it as close to the steering column as I can so I can put me an A/C vent in the corner of my dash.

This
vhx-1019-c-r.jpg

Instead of this
vhx-66F-BRO-k-r.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Definitely a nice layout. Not sure I've noticed that one before, even though I like thumbing through their catalog now and then just for fun.

Paul