• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco at Carroll Shelby's Ranch

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good to check first Osiris, for sure. Hopefully he doesn't mind though.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Anyone know what the value of this Bronco would be in unrestored condition with the original engine?

Well, it's worth as much as your friend paid for it! It doesn't have its original engine in it but the engine in it only adds to its value and the story, in my opinion, considering its provenance.

Hopefully some more folks can lay eyes on it soon, perhaps as soon as this weekend.

Todd Z.

Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
popc1.gif

Bronco Roads -Terlingua, Texas

In the early 60s Carroll Shelby and attorney Dave Witts found them self owning the small ghost town called Terlingua in south west Texas , population 7 ! The stories of life in Terlingua are legend: these were tough good friends that worked hard and took their partying seriously ! They wasted no time forming city council, handing out all the choice political positions to their drinking buddies: Witts elected him self mayor and Shelby named him self social director and local dog catcher . Other members of the Shelby rat pack were doled out esteemed positions like ... Director of sanitation, Director of parks and recreation, Director of urban housing, Inspector of hides and commodore of the Terlingua Navy ... lol ;)

https://vimeo.com/61021448

Last edited:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Tease!!!!
I only do what I can.

It was not my find to announce, so I've been waiting for the press release and go-ahead to share pics that were sent to me as the new owner was inspecting it and he called me to discuss it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I only do what I can.

It was not my find to announce, so I've been waiting for the press release and go-ahead to share pics that were sent to me as the new owner was inspecting it and he called me to discuss it.

Understood, you've been teasing for a couple weeks now though lol.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Understood, you've been teasing for a couple weeks now though lol.
Yep, but most everyone instantly falsely assumed it was regarding a new Bronco, so I just let them run with that. :^)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Yep, but most everyone instantly falsely assumed it was regarding a new Bronco, so I just let them run with that. :^)

well ..since its a test mule what do you do w. it .... def. cant restore it to "original" ....
since it runs and drives my vote is ... leave it as is ( time capsule ) !!
how much proven provenance is there that it was C. Shelby EB ??
I cant find anything that he ever owned / registered one .....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
well ..since its a test mule what do you do w. it .... def. cant restore it to "original" ....
since it runs and drives my vote is ... leave it as is ( time capsule ) !!
how much proven provenance is there that it was C. Shelby EB ??
I cant find anything that he ever owned / registered one .....
Enough ;^)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I just got a text back from the new owner, I can not say anything more about this at this time than has already been said, sorry.

I'm hoping to get the full scoop out to the Bronco world before it goes out to other sources, so if that is going to happen, I must respect his request.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
This is huge and very exciting. So glad this vehicle came to light and does still exist. What an incredible discovery.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Am I correct in saying that it is located in the Midwest somewhere?

I can not confirm nor deny, I can only say it is still in a "Red state" ;D

I saw you PMd me, but my inbox was full. I just cleared some out, so resend.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
well .. after a few phone calls and a lil digging found an original TerlinguaTRT member.
I hope she calls back soon to confirm the story of 732000 at Shelby ranch ...
ifff any pix of this #1 EB driven around in the late 60s exist she is most likely to have them !
fingers crossed .....

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
This and another Balloon Chaser all in a short period of time. Whats next? :eek: