• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1971 Frame Off Luber Build

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I'm almost positive I will be at SEMA this year and if I make it, I will be spending a lot of time checking out your build.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Jaromy - That's fantastic. Let me know if you will make it and which day and I will be sure to be by the cars so we can meet. We will have two cars there, but I was told they are right next to each other which makes life nice.

Would love to show you the build and meet a fellow bronco brother.

Sounds great! I'm thinking Friday and Saturday. I should know more soon.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Looking great! I am looking at the retracting steps for mine, how difficult was it to fab the new mount for them? I have seen several videos and images of them attached to the inner rocker however with my stoutly statue I was wondering if that was a solid mounting place...

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I appreciate the info. I will be doing something very similar though I will not be as focused on additional protection vs function and I want them hid when they are retracted. I have done some research and like you will be getting the longest stroke available for the mech. I was looking at buying a set for an F250 and then cut them down to size etc. I will probably use some 2x2 .25 wall supports to the frame and was thinking a .25 plate just inside of the inner rocker then mount the steps to it. I could also jump the plate to .375 to have enough thickness for tapping threads. My end result is to make it look like it was always meant to be rather than an add on if that makes sense. You guys have pulled that off well IMHO.

Dpearce

Number - I'm building a very similar Luber to yours - trying to decide between traditional leaf springs/shocks for the rear vs the Krawler's Edge quad link. What made you decide to go with the quad link? Mine will mainly be street/light trail. With the Coyote, 2" body lift and 2 and 1/2" suspension. Did you go with his 0-2 and 1/2" setup, or the 2 and 1/2-4" setup?

Thanks.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I spoke with Thomas at SC when he debuted the 4 link. His initial intention he told me was to provide a better way to maintain traction over add ons to the conventional leaf springs like the torque tamers etc. His system looks awesome and by going with the coyote, I think it is or would be a perfect fit for your build like it is here. Good luck! and post pics!

Dpearce

Thanks englewood for the info. Will post the build once we get into the good stuff.

Dpearce

Thanks for the info. I'm most interested in ride quality, so I think his 4-link with sway bars is the way to go.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I am not sure how I missed this build over the last few years... But I just finished reading through all the posts. Great work. I like all the individual touches that you have done. I will look forward to seeing your rig in person at SEMA. Be sure to post where you will be so we can find you. Doug

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Stunning!!!!!!

WOW is all that I can say! Great job on all aspects of the build that I can see. Love the attention to detail and the fact that it is a RestoMod. Don't know how I missed the build but it is nice to see you getting it finished up. I am stuck in the hospital for over a month now because I tried to win a fight with a telephone pole one night when I fell asleep driving home. Needless to say, I didn't win that fight and here I lay as a result. In any case I am lucky to be alive.

Enough about my recent misfortunes. Even before reading this build thread I had planned on redoing my Bronco and bringing it up to the level that I think it deserves to be and now I am even more motivated to take it there. There are alot of motivating builds on this forum that have impressed me and yours is another of those builds and can only hope that my ReBuild comes out just as nice in the end. Great job and can't wait to see the finished build. Especially the dash and interior. For me, I love to see a nice techey looking interior that is well laid out and just looks Slick and I have a feeling yours is gonna be just that! ;D

xfalcon

Are those custom door panels or from a vendor? Look Great

Last edited:

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
You werent kidding about this already being on this site haha. When do we get to see the wood? ;)