• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Sightings

HB73

Bronco Spotting

Here's a couple more that were in other posts of mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365307968.239833.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365307989.655427.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365308082.638414.jpg

Schloer2

How are early Bronco sightings going in your neck of the woods?

Driving home from a weekend in Kansas City and saw this '66 in Columbia, MO yesterday. Great looking half cab that really looked at home in front of the Home Depot. Belong to anyone on here?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366643334.634617.jpg

HB73

Bronco Spotting

This one came from Missouri and is heading for Japan by way of Orange County, CA ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367434236.240539.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367434252.487005.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367434267.836709.jpg

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Saw this one about 30 min ago. Across from my house the Doughnut Derelicts meet every Sat morning. First time I've seen an EB amongst the usual crowd of mustangs, corvettes, model As etc. Nice Lubr. Guy had built it with his daughter/owner. Same thing I'm doing with mine, although my daughter is only 11, it's never too early to start.
uju4aju6.jpg
5u9uvepu.jpg

If your daughter is 11, and you are on my rebuild schedule, you may have started too late! ; )

Jeff

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
How are early Bronco sightings going in your neck of the woods?

One of my buddies caught this one here in Oregon on I 205 yesterday sitting on Rockwell axles
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368888425.815565.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368888436.420878.jpg

1966 bronco, almost nothing factory

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I can walk out into my yard and find 5 of them

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I was driving my Bronco this weekend and I went down a street I generally don't go down and low and behold there was a Bronco parked down a long driveway within units in the back. I did not need to stare at the Bronco for long when the owner saw me and came out. After some BS and a "wanna sell" comment...they guy threw out a $5,000 price tag but was non-committal about selling. I got excited! The next day the guy was having a yard sale so I went and got a closer look. UGH!! The thing has been sitting for 15+ years and is just either rotting away or getting eaten up by rats. Rot everywhere with huge holes on the windshield frame and rockers. Floor was rotted..top was rotted and every wire was chewed by rats. RATS!

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Today on my lunch break saw this little cherry drive by. Nearly drove off the road, as the only time you see an Early Bronco is when you go to a car show. They are hyper-rare, that when you see one, you think at first "it's probably a Scoutt II". So I followed him into a Kubota dealership and stopped him. Was the original owner of this 72. His first one, a 71 got stolen so he got this one to replace it. Nice guy. What makes this special is that EB's that are running are extremely rare around here. Last time I saw one was about 2 years ago and it was also a nice stocker.

Attachments

• stocker.jpg
    stocker.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 95

njprov

Loc.
Wellsburg
Even though I've been obsessed with Early Broncos since I was 8, I never saw one, here in WV, in person until I was 21 (last year at a car show). I have since seen 2 carcasses, and I now own 2 myself.

TCheney

I see them quite often here in the Pac NW. I live near the highway that connects Portland with the Coast Range offroad trails and coastal dunes, so there are many on trailers on weekends. They are on the streets as well. A couple of weeks ago I was picking up some snacks for a Friday evening fishing trip and spotted this '77 parked in the lot. The owner (whose name I can't recall), says it's his daily driver from Newberg, OR, which is a bit of a haul to the Hillsboro area. He has a soft top for it, but told me he prefers open air motoring, which is dicey some months in Oregon.

Attachments

• 77uncut.jpg
    77uncut.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 88

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My son came in from School and said there was a copper colored Bronco in the Sr. parade today. He said at first he thought it was a scout and did a double take and sure nuff an EB.
(usually a green/white '77 Ranger there so the copper cought him off guard)

btw couldn't get pix as rules are ph turned off at school so by the time he would have got it turned on it would have been gone.:(

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I see them quite often here in the Pac NW. I live near the highway that connects Portland with the Coast Range offroad trails and coastal dunes, so there are many on trailers on weekends. They are on the streets as well. A couple of weeks ago I was picking up some snacks for a Friday evening fishing trip and spotted this '77 parked in the lot. The owner (whose name I can't recall), says it's his daily driver from Newberg, OR, which is a bit of a haul to the Hillsboro area. He has a soft top for it, but told me he prefers open air motoring, which is dicey some months in Oregon.

I live in Dundee and saw that one in town last week.