• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Landsharks 76er Refresh and Build

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
They will be in 70mm housings just like the explorer housing so you could swap the whole thing out.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Making some progress on the engine rebuild. My father is here and hes an experienced engine guy so nice to have him here to help out!

Still working on the serp setup and a few other things on it.. valve covers are just temps until I can pick up a nice set of script covers...

next up is the upper intake, rebuilding the injectors and then figure out how to mount my smog pump.

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Hit the pick n pull today to acquire a few more parts for my build...

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

and some more shots of the engine since i got a few more things sorted out..

currently rebuilding the injectors and awaiting the return of my dampner from getting rebalanced to 28oz

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

I need to finished stripping the upper intake and get that mocked up with the throttle body then I can sort out the sensors and order up my wire harness and get the pain out of the way ;)

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Cleaned and rebuilt the injectors, cleaned and painted the upper intake fiddled with a few other things and got them on..

ordered up some EFI valve covers they should be here by the end of the week and then can get things more solid.

Oh got my balancer/dampner back from dampener dudes... 28oz now

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

Heres the clearance problem with a vacuum tube off the intake, Iam goign to wait and see how it is with the new covers. I might hack it off or thread then plug it off.. we will see...

IMG_0999.JPG

PCV valve to plenium... i might try to reroute it but seeing how its on theback side of the engine i dont think it will matter too much..

IMG_1001.JPG

Found a coil bracket that will work ;)

IMG_1002.JPG

Working on the TB right now.. will probably finish cleaning it up and then paint it.. i just ordered a gasket for the IAC... i will probably use the mustang IAC and the explorer TPS... but i might try to use as much explorer stuff as well.. we will see.. its easy to swap out..

In addtion iam rebuilding the heater box using a new chevy motor and using the rebuild kit and new heater core from Zilla...

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

Just need some nice flat black paint and i can get that heater back together!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Stopped by the body/paint place to see how things were going, they are going to shoot the inside and engine tomorrow with epoxy and paint.. then the outside next week...

also they replaced the lower tail sections with the pieces off Zoso's bronco ;)

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Bronco is about 90% painted, they are finishing up the tailgate and grill along with the small accessories.

I really like the color! its a little different in the sunlight, nice and light..

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

Truck will be home next week.. need to figure out how to get it here ;)

jlylec

awesome...this is going to be a hell of a truck when you're done with it!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Ditto! Is that the final color?

it is the final color. its the original color of Glen Green.

its a bit different from the norm but I think it will come out great when finished.

I will get some more pics when its in the day light.. unfortunately it will be some time before the hood, fender, doors and top are on... i have to leave them off for now as my work space is very cramped.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks really good! I think it is a "classic" color on a Bronco. Are you planning to apply the Ranger Stripe package? If so, Broncitis has quality stripe packages. I have a Glen Green sport that I hope to do one day..I love it!

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
It looks really good! I think it is a "classic" color on a Bronco. Are you planning to apply the Ranger Stripe package? If so, Broncitis has quality stripe packages. I have a Glen Green sport that I hope to do one day..I love it!

no stripes, mine never had them as it was ordered with the stripe delete.

plus honestly i dont like them so i was pretty happy when i found out it came without em.

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
went and got some supplies this afternoon and stopped into pep boys for some brake cleaner.. only thing they are really good for now a days.. anyway first time i actually got some help in there..

long story short.. decided to see how much a master cylindar was for the 76.. mine was corroded and very gross..

Well they happened to have one.. and so the guy pulls it off the shelf.. he said man this thing has been there for a long time.. turns out this master cylindar has been on the pep boys or someones shelf for 14 years maybe longer.. havent looked at the paper work yet but 1998 at least.. box looks a little beat up but the MC is fine.. checked it out.

anyway got a Raybestos made in USA.. $15 ;)

kind of a funny story

IMG_1076.JPG

OP
OP
landshark99

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Well shes home..

ada0223e-db69-5f20.jpg

ada0223e-db77-976e.jpg

I need to touch up the frame where some of the paint/coating got blasted and scraped off.. and re-plumb the fuel lines for full EFI and transfer pump.. that should be done tonight/tomorrow.. and then engine, transmission and TC will go in this weekend.

After that I will just need another job to help fund the EFI tank, wiring harness, headers and all the other little stuff i need ;)