• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Burnie"

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those rock rings are badass! What's your wheelbase?

Thanks, I designed the rings and had DIY beadlocks make them. I even have one for the spare! If my memory serves me the wheelbase is 110". All I did was roll the axles with my 42s mounted under the frame and stopped when the leading edge of the tire was even with the end of the frame rail. I do things real high tech.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
disc conversion?

Anyone have a good source for an affordable disc brake conversion for the Sterling 10.25 on the back of this? Ruffstuff has the basic components but I haven't done much research yet.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
couple good reads for you sir. TSM in Castle Rock, CO? Part # PN 2670. Note I haven't seen where anyone has used these guys, but maybe someone has. See how close "rockin69er" is if he knows of them.

http://www.tsmmfg.com/Rear_Disc_Brake_Kits.htm / http://www.tsmmfg.com/2670.htm

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1942

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/drivetrain/129_0611_1989_ford_f_250_disc_brakes/viewall.html

Thanks, Dave. I can't check them out now (I actually have a busy day) but I will get to them tonight.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I have heard to use a 96' van rotor and blackbird customs? They have to Chevy caliper mounts that are real inexpensive. I'll try to search and find a link.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, Dave for the links. TSM looks promising from Super Dave's list. This cage is the second "Good" cage we have purchased. He has been good to us!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet.. Look forward to the build.

Every find that adapter plate ? ;D

There it is! I found the missing box of parts and there are two adapters in there. Trouble is they weren't for the power steering but for adapting the clutch to the 351W. Need one of these?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, well no Sir, but Thank You for the Thought!! I do appreciate it.

I gotta run me down some Staun Tire deflators, HIGH $$ wheeew..

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, that was a challenge. I had to fab all new body mounts and platforms for tying in the cage to the frame. It looks like my usual redneck work but functional. I'll swallow my pride and post pics tomorrow.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
As long as it's functional and solid, who cares what it looks like. I'm still trying to get my welds to look pretty, they hold great but look bad at times.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took pics with my phone this morning and then attempted to upload them. I get a pop up message every time I change screens and no uploads. I guess I will have to use a real camera and try that.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking good! I like that wheelbase too - wish I had gone the extra on mine (I'm at 102). What are the plans for the body? What suspension are you running front and rear? Keep up the good work!!