• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Badlands in Attica - seeking info

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Never been to this park, so I am looking for information on what to expect if I can pull together a trip this fall. My Midwest wheeling experience consists of Moonlight, Flat Nasty, and SMORR. I much prefer crawling rocks than mud. On a scale of 1-10, I like to be in the 5-6 range for difficulty.

I've been watching some youtube stuff and there appears to be some cool things to play on, but just want to make sure it's worth the effort to go there as opposed to one of the others mentioned.

Any insight appreciated! And if I can nail down a date, there is an open invitation.

Thanks!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Totally agree w/ rocks vs Mud.. lol

You should Attempt to hit up Hot Springs ORV in AR if you're ever able to.

SMORR is a great spot. There's also KS Rocks around FT Scott, KS to check out..

pfdff1115

Contributor
Bronco Builder
Loc.
Jamestown, IN
Never been there, however I know its more of a
ATV park. You'd probably be disappointed. Hot Springs is cool.
or Look into Windrock in TN.

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I am trying to make a day trip out of it, and Badlands is 3.5 hrs from me. SMORR is 4.

I do want to check out Hot Springs and Windrock someday, but that will be a long weekend trip at least. Ft. Scott is 6hrs. Again, requiring at least one overnight.

You think Badlands even for a day isn't worth it?

Thanks for the info!

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
No idea on Badlands...

Ever hear about Kansas Rocks? Almost straight across Mo for you. http://www.ksrockspark.com/

Rush Springs (down south of Neosho Mo) is ok, but they let everything else there too. Dirt bikes, 3 and 4 wheelers, kids in go carts... trails not really marked, but there is a map.https://www.rushspringsranch.com/

GRDA Disney Oklahoma...below the damn. Awesome place to crawl. Lots of trails and different terrain. Maps attached. https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/oklahoma_14853/ride_b212.htm

Two Moms Campground, good place to stay in Disney. https://www.facebook.com/disneyok/

Hogans not so much...has a bad web reputation.

Attachments

• disney.jpg
    disney.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • grand_map.jpg
    grand_map.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 10

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Not to sure how current this info is.

Missouri 2016 Top Off Road Trails
#1 SMORR – Seymour, MO
#2 Flat Nasty – Jadwin, MO
#3 Moonlight Racing – Sullivan, MO
#4 Rush Springs – Pineville, MO
#5 Bricks – Poplar Bluff, MO

Arkansas 2016 Top Off Road Trails
#1 Hot Springs ORV – Hot Springs, AR
#2 Mack’s Pines – Dover, AR
#3 Hillarosa – Blevins, AR
#4 Carter’s OffRoad – Alexander, AR
#5 Byrd’s Adventure Center – Ozark, AR

Kansas 2016 Top Off Road Trails
#1 Kansas Rocks – Mapleton, KS (see attached location map)
#2 Tuttle Creek ORV – Randolph, KS
#3 Central Kansas Offroad – Florence, KS
#4 Kansas Badlands – South Haven, KS
#5 Syracuse Sand Dunes – Syracuse, KS

Oklahoma 2016 Top Off Road Trails
#1 Disney – Disney, OK
#2 Arbuckle – Mill Creek, OK REPORTED CLOSED
#3 Clayton (Green Acres) – Clayton, OK
#4 Little Sahara – Waynoka, OK
#5 Sundog Trails – Lexington, OK

Attachments

• kansas rocks.gif
    kansas rocks.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 15

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Badlands,I used to go with a group, 66to77. We always had fun. Its not a great big place. Alot of atvs. My favorite part was the pee gravel dunes.

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Location is still up in the air for now. But I am looking at Sat. Nov. 11th.

Interlake near Lynnville, IN has been mentioned so I am looking into that one too.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Badlands is a fun 1-2 day park. You wont be disappointed because its not far from home. There are a bunch of rocks, ledges and such to play on in the quarry. Otherwise, there are some river trails with rocks in them, a pea gravel dune area, lots of mud if you want it. ( I Hate mud ) There is also a trail called Mission Impossible ( more like a rocky technical southern trail ) owned by the park, But not connected to it. They do a couple day runs per month there, invite only. Gotta know someone. PM me and I can give you more info. Either way, The Badlands is worth going to..........it's not going to provide you with the fun that SMORR, Flat Nasty, Windrock, Clayton, Hot Springs etc will provide, but you'll still have fun for a day or two.

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Thanks for your perspective. I'm thinking that anything beyond a 3hr drive merits at least one overnight. But I am trying to keep it a day-trip this time. I want to go check it out either way, just may have to wait a bit.