• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got offered 25k for my EB

pipeline010

When I get asked "how much would you take?" My answer is "it is insured for $40K, what are you offering?" (due to low cost to insure an 'antique' truck in Texas, I insured for $40K in case something 'bad' happens). That ends the conversation without the "are you crazy" comments/arguments. Is my bronco worth $40K? most would argue no way, but also like most have stated, try to build a 'nice' one today (money + time). Also, I made the mistake of selling my 1st EB in 1984, I don't plan on making the same mistake. But if someone calls my bluff and shows up with $40K, I'll consider :)

Wolverine...can't see much from your garage pics or short description but if your truck is rust free, your drivetrain straight and generally not leaky, and wiring is straight I've got some news for you.

You've likely got a 40k truck or close to it. :cool:

Tugross302

I get asked all the time but I don’t even bite anymore. Most people don’t realize what they sell for so they would think you’re nuts if you mention a price. I did throw a number out to a dealer of $100,000 and he said he was thinking more around $80,000. I told him no thanks. He said he could shop it around to his clients and maybe get my price. I said no thanks. I don’t wanna sell. Most people would think I’m stupid for not taking 80 but I get so much enjoyment from my broncos. I have a highly stressful job and a very busy life and when I get behind the wheel that stress level drops.thats worth a lot to me since I’m not going hungry.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
When I get asked "how much would you take?" My answer is "it is insured for $40K, what are you offering?" (due to low cost to insure an 'antique' truck in Texas, I insured for $40K in case something 'bad' happens). That ends the conversation without the "are you crazy" comments/arguments. Is my bronco worth $40K? most would argue no way, but also like most have stated, try to build a 'nice' one today (money + time). Also, I made the mistake of selling my 1st EB in 1984, I don't plan on making the same mistake. But if someone calls my bluff and shows up with $40K, I'll consider :)

This sounds like a very good response to buyers questions without offending them. Informing them of the insured value seems to soften the blow. I'm using it, thanks!