• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If I could go back in time...

Jaxgtc

We have all wished we could go back in time and pick up a stable of EBs. Looking at the Baja's for sale at Mecum Kissimmee for an expected $100k made me think about those puppies as an investment. At an original sticker around $5600, today's value looks amazing. But an investment in the S&P would be worth around $400k today - according to one of many online calculators. Kind of keeps it in perspective. With all that said, I still wish I had a time machine!

How many permutations of the EB would there be if you were just choosing factory options? I'll take one of each.

McLeod

Except that even if you bought the thing new and stuck it in the garage, you would have thousands upon thousands- (dare I argue 10's of thousands?) of dollars in it just to maintain the pristine, perfect glossy dealer floor fresh appearance over 40 plus years.

Still, a decent inflation adjusted return
but not quite like turning 5600 to 100000 by simply waiting....

but yeah, a time machine would be fun.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
If I had a time machine I would buy a buttload of Bitcoin years ago from Silk Road at 30 cents a piece and sell them all right now ;)

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I would ask my Dad and Grandfather with some help on the eb one more time....
Sorry ....sad I know...

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I would not have sold the 73 I did a frame off on 6 years ago. I kick myself just about every day for that one. Oh well! Cant look back at the what if's!

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Wouldn't have sold my '67 in '77 when I was a broke tech school dummy and it was broke for next to nothing. :cry:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would never have offloaded two 66's, one roadster all original.

That and I would have bought $10,000 in apple stock in 1977. Yep, two Bronco's worth then. But now, worth $2,700,000. So I could go to Mecham and buys some concourse ones today.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I HAD a broker who talked me out of picking up a ton of Ford back in '09 when it was around $1.25. Stay diversified she said, my azz!