• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver's side air vent

toddsrods

I converted mine to an underhood storage box. like having the storage for a spare quart of oil and funnel easy to get to and out of sight, don't miss the vent. . .

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
This topic has come up a few times. And it amazes me that so may say they don’t us the vent. I us mine and until I install a/c, I could live without it.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
The south + May to Oct. = humidity - AC = open fresh air vent!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Out here on the desert side of the nation we use it all the time if you still have the doors on.

KeithKinPhx

AZ and Nevada with no AC. Never used it. Just pulled to put in AC and am converting to the storage box.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Never used my vent either. I put in the storage box also.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I use mine all the time in the summer. Hot humid with all that heat coming up through the floor nice to have some air flow down low.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I converted mine to an underhood storage box. like having the storage for a spare quart of oil and funnel easy to get to and out of sight, don't miss the vent. . .

Good use of space.....

Hinmaton

I'm in the Mid Atlantic area and would love to use mine as intended. But i'm missing the the vent door lid part. And now it's too cold for that thing to be wide open.
If any of y'all have one kicking around and don't mind parting with it, I would be interested.

Hinmaton

BigToe

In Tucson it's used all the time. A/C would be great to have but I run a soft top or no top 95% of the time.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If you have full doors and a top I would definitely recommend installing it and making it operational. I have blocked mine off on my trail rig since it has no doors and only a bikini top. But I have it and use it in my stocker. Just beware that the first time you use in the spring or summer you will probably get hit in the left leg by leaves and other debris that accumulates over the winter! ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If you have full doors and a top I would definitely recommend installing it and making it operational. I have blocked mine off on my trail rig since it has no doors and only a bikini top. But I have it and use it in my stocker. Just beware that the first time you use in the spring or summer you will probably get hit in the left leg by leaves and other debris that accumulates over the winter! ;D

Put some screen in the top of it.
Open the door and stick a shop vac hose in there to get the trash out.

The first time I opened one it didn't just hit my leg, the dust and trash billowed up in my face while I was driving.

Even with that experience I still find the vent useful and keep them.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah! Yep, been there done that before. And not just with EB's either, as most trucks back in that era had a manually operated vent with plenty of "storage" space for fora and fauna.
We were lucky in that we learned about this back when the trucks were relatively young and had not had time to accumulate much. Someone just coming into this world and driving a rig that has not been cleaned in years on the other hand, they could be in for a real surprise!

And not to make too much fun of it either, as a bad enough leaf-blast can temporarily blind you while you're driving. Usually at a faster speed as well, as that's when the wind is strong enough to break the bond of all the beaver den material in there.

Never happened to me that bad with a Bronco, but one time with a '66 Chevy pickup that had been sitting barely used for about 10 years was enough to sear it into memory.
Pretty scary when the cab literally fills with floating oak leaves and dust while driving down the highway!

Paul

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My little brother put a deck of playing/poker cards in there.
You can just imagine what that was like being opened at speed, lol....

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I guess I was using mine .. Open in summer heat & I went to pasture on a cold day .. Where's that draft coming from .. Then I stopped& closed that vent for the winter.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in the Mid Atlantic area and would love to use mine as intended. But i'm missing the the vent door lid part. And now it's too cold for that thing to be wide open.
If any of y'all have one kicking around and don't mind parting with it, I would be interested.

Hinmaton

I have one you can have for shipping - probably $3.50. Fair shape but easy to repair. take a look at the pictures and if you want it, PM me your address.

Attachments

• IMG_6352.jpg
    IMG_6352.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6353.jpg
    IMG_6353.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6354.jpg
    IMG_6354.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 33