• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffy's 77 Build Thread- Restomod, daily, re-uncut

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The tank is the stock 14.4 poly tank from 1977.

Thanks. I had never seen a '77 tank so I thought it was from a newer Bronco or another vehicle with more capacity.

I was born in Sandpoint and lived there until '83. Hoping to make it up to visit friends this summer.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. I had never seen a '77 tank so I thought it was from a newer Bronco or another vehicle with more capacity.

I was born in Sandpoint and lived there until '83. Hoping to make it up to visit friends this summer.

My bronco should be done and I will drive it to work, come in and I will buy you a beer at my brewery!

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the spark plug wires cleaned up with these simple little plastic things. I really like them.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpg
    IMG_5510.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I also got the looming done on my efi painless wiring harness. I am going dakota digital so I also ran the VSS for that in the harness.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (24).jpg
    FullSizeRender (24).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 189
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Icon inspired grill is just about done. Wow lots and lots of man hours into this thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 345
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Getting so close. Had to re-design the grill attachment points as well as the buck area. Should hopefully be fully done this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 268
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My original letters had a different pattern then the new ones. I broke one of the studs off! Stupid mistake. Anyone know if these are aluminum?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stainless Icon inspired grill is coming along. The buckets are just about done, then final grinding and either sanding it to a brushed finish or media blast it for a matte finish. The stainless is playing well and trying to check on us. I think I know why icon switched away from the stainless.

Attachments

• stainlessgrill1.jpg
    stainlessgrill1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 190
  • stainlessgrill2.jpg
    stainlessgrill2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 205
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Matt who is doing the body work built a sweet Rotisserie. Now it's time for some seam sealer, then lizard skin, then raptor liner and paint the engine bay.

Attachments

• IMG_5570.jpg
    IMG_5570.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_5574.jpg
    IMG_5574.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 241

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Matt who is doing the body work built a sweet Rotisserie. Now it's time for some seam sealer, then lizard skin, then raptor liner and paint the engine bay.

Sounds like you will be pouring him a lot of beers then...

You do not know it but I have snagged a couple of your ideas/build pieces for my build. Working on extended tranny cross member bracket right now ;D

Thanks.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like you will be pouring him a lot of beers then...

You do not know it but I have snagged a couple of your ideas/build pieces for my build. Working on extended tranny cross member bracket right now ;D

Thanks.

He is 16, so only rootbeers!:)

Glad I could help, I geek or or think about every tiny aspect or ask way too many questions. When it's done I should be able to sleep a little more and not obsess on tiny details.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I wanted to go with marine audio since I plan on running the top off all the time. I am running my rear audio wire on the frame, I bought some normal speaker wire from a auto parts store. I was 2nd guessing that decision so I reached out to Tim from Wet Sounds. I have never seen their wet wire line and I pulled the trigger on it. Wow is it nice. I was worried about the the cheap wiring just rotting being exposed to the elements, even in looming. I have never seen wire this nice.

It's 100% oxygen free tinned copper. Twisted pair Quad shielded RCA cables. Fusion Nickel plated marine connection blocks.

If anyone is planning on running wiring on the frame and wants to get their bronco wet and dirty I would highly suggest this stuff. The wire coating and sleeve is very high quality.

Attachments

• IMG_5580.jpg
    IMG_5580.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_5581.jpg
    IMG_5581.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5582.jpg
    IMG_5582.jpg