• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX SS – 1973 Ford Bronco Build

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm subscribing to remember what I need to do once I get to the carpet phase!

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Got my roll bar back from powder coat last week and installed it yesterday along with the lap/shoulder belts (both from Wild Horses). Color is oyster white and is a good match to interior and top. Seeing the bar in there is still growing on me but thought it was important to have along with the new belts for at least some basic safety.

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3920.jpg
    IMG_3920.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3919.jpg
    IMG_3919.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3918.jpg
    IMG_3918.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Bronco Sully

Loc.
Houston
TX SS, this could be completely wrong on my part, but I thought TX recently stopped allowing the use of old plates. Please let me know if that is not the case. I have them on my 74 MG (which I did around 4 years ago) but did not get them for the Bronco given what I said above. I hope I am wrong.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I guess re-reading your note, I was wrong if you got them done. Good to know!

Yes I got it done without any problems. Just fill out TX Form VTR-850, Application for Classic License Plates, and head to tax office. I went to the downtown location. I used the myplates website to check if a TX license plate number was available. Probably had to go through about 50 different LP numbers before I found this set and it was available.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Over the weekend I finally got around to starting on the slot rims I picked up back in March. They are well used but think they will polish up decent if I invest the time and effort. Here is what I'm working with.

(Pictures deleted thanks to Photobucket)

Last edited:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Beautiful Luber that you have there. Nice job on the sound Deadning and Carpet installation.

How difficult was it to install the materials in the doors, did you use a kit that the vendors supply and also what kind of noise difference did it make inside the truck?

Great job on the truck so far! Keep the pics coming!

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Beautiful Luber that you have there. Nice job on the sound Deadning and Carpet installation.

How difficult was it to install the materials in the doors, did you use a kit that the vendors supply and also what kind of noise difference did it make inside the truck?

Great job on the truck so far! Keep the pics coming!

Thanks. Door install was very easy. Hardest part was cleaning off the original deadening. All the materials are peel and stick so just cut to size and apply. No kit, bulk materials from Raam Audio. Raam's product is similar to Dynamat. The noise and heat difference are both substantial but that is comparing to bare floors. Real test will come this summer when it gets hot here in TX.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Slots are getting closer to being done. I've sanded these from 150 up to 800. Next step is machine polish with compounds and then a final hand polish with aluminum polish. Have a 5th wheel on the way that I found on ebay. Starting to look at tires and am leaning towards 235 75 15 BFG Mud Terrains.

(Picture deleted)

Last edited:

agduckhunter

Great looking rig, Scott. What part of town you in? I'd love to see it one of these days.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Great looking rig, Scott. What part of town you in? I'd love to see it one of these days.

Thanks. I live 2 miles west of downtown Houston in the Memorial Heights area. If you want to meet up one evening let me know. Would like to check our your truck too.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Hit 40K miles today!

Attachments

• IMG_3966.jpg
    IMG_3966.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 27