• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass body and radiator mounting options?

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
Hello,
The title of the thread pretty much sums up my question. Last May I purchased a fiberglass body from Bronco Designs. The body is outstanding in quality but being made of fiberglass has me scratching my head here and there. I'm trying to figure out how to mount the radiator. I thought about purchasing some weld on mounts and bolting them to the fiberglass core support. Then mounting the radiator like you would on a metal body rig. If anybody has any pictures or advice they can give me what they did it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

Paul

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hello,
The title of the thread pretty much sums up my question. Last May I purchased a fiberglass body from Bronco Designs. The body is outstanding in quality but being made of fiberglass has me scratching my head here and there. I'm trying to figure out how to mount the radiator. I thought about purchasing some weld on mounts and bolting them to the fiberglass core support. Then mounting the radiator like you would on a metal body rig. If anybody has any pictures or advice they can give me what they did it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

Paul

I have the BD tub also and mounted the radiator some time ago so I'll go back and see what we did. Will try to get a decent pic or two also. I'm sure others on here will respond since there are quite a few BD tubs out there now. Top quality for sure.

Judy

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
I'm planning on buying some generic radiator mounts with bolts and drilling through and bolting in.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the BD tub also and mounted the radiator some time ago so I'll go back and see what we did. Will try to get a decent pic or two also. I'm sure others on here will respond since there are quite a few BD tubs out there now. Top quality for sure.

Judy

Turns out we didn't do such a great job mounting the radiator, so I can't recommend it. I'm sure there are some good options out there, as mentioned in the other responses.