• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Shipping price of roll cage

Galt72

Contributor
Am I the only one that doesn't think the front of the cage would hold up in a rollover?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Am I the only one that doesn't think the front of the cage would hold up in a rollover?

I don't think that is what they intend. It does stabilize the windshield frame, and provide a nice spot for a grab handle though.

To the original poster,
I think a big part of the shipping cost is that it is already assembled and takes up so much room. If the local guys are too much for fabbing one maybe you buy one that only needs assembly once you get it. Not sure how much you'd save in the long run though.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru

It will but the support is behind you instead of in front of you. Draw a line from the front of the hood to the top of the cage at the B pillar. That's your protection. Not quite as good at saving your windshield, but your head will be fine.

Galt72

Contributor
retired cop of 30 yrs. I've seen way to many smashed front roofs and windshields from roll overs and mangled heads. All bets are off when shit goes wrong.... It's better than nothing but I wouldn't bet my life on it in a bronco.

OP
OP
M

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
It will but the support is behind you instead of in front of you. Draw a line from the front of the hood to the top of the cage at the B pillar. That's your protection. Not quite as good at saving your windshield, but your head will be fine.

That’s my thought. Probably not as good as a full 6point cage, but I’m not rock crawling, I do light off roading and 99% street. I’m looking for this to keep my daughter safe in the back and me a little safer than the roll bar it has.

6 point blocks too many things for road use I feel

Big Fish

Loc.
Bakersfield
I was extremely interested in purchasing the krawlers edge roll cage. As it seems to be the perfect cage for me. Unfortunately shipping from Tennessee to CA is $900. That is $100 more than the cage. So what my question is, does
anyone happen to be driving to from Tennessee to Ca and have some room for a cage. I’ll obviously pay, I just can not justify, or afford $900. I have shipped cars from NY to Ca for that price.

Or if not, does anyone know of a cage similar to the Krawlers Edge?

You might want to check with Virga custom He builds some nice ones and he is in Sac.