• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do I have a Body Lift?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hi folks, my understanding has always been a gap like this between the rear bumper and tailgate indicated a body lift? Looks like the PO used a couple washers probably for door fitment etc, other than that just bushings

Maybe because the new body mount bushings have not had any weight on them yet? I had the hard top on it during transport but it had no glass.

Attachments

• LRmount.jpg
    LRmount.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 117
  • RRmount.jpg
    RRmount.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 95

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They look like stock height cushions, but with the washers you mention. Seen that a lot for alignment after things have been replaced.

But a stock height mount/cushion/insulator/thingy is roughly 3/4" tall. A body lift would either be 1 and 3/4" tall (1" integrated body lift) or you would have actual spacers of 2 or 3 inches in addition to the insulators.
Other than the washers, is there anything else above the red insulators we can't see? If not then there is only the thickness of the washers to deal with. Are the washers on all 8 mounts? If not then you don't have a body lift and they just used spacers to even things out.

Paul

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
All the mounts have a spacer or 3, so yeah they were used for fitment.

I did a 1" billet lift on my 66, but the rear mounts (on the body) were rusted to the point of non-existence, so in addition to the billet and cushion were a hockey puck or two, spacers, you name it :cool: