• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Roadstershop 66-77 IFS Bronco frame

T4x4R

Contributor
I've been looking at RS for a frame for my 56 F-100 and ran across this frame this morning. I guess for the desert racers or beach cruisers it might be a nice ride. Of course since my bronco is in the frame off phase everything is interesting. Curious on everyone's thoughts. It's prob very expensive. Just thought I'd share.

Cheers,

1966-77-bronco-chassis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It is interesting and would make a great conversation piece when the builds it will likely be used on are taken by their owners to their local Cars & Coffee meets.

I can not see the Early Bronco builds using $60-80K+ chassis being hammered in the desert and it would not be good for a crawler which these have even less chance of being used as.

Like I said, a cool piece of engineering and craftsmanship to one up the other guys restomod street Broncos if you have lots of money to throw around and want something really unique.

Beyond that, I really do not see it being practical since there are other good options (or better depending on the use) at a fraction of the cost.

OP
OP
T

T4x4R

Contributor
Yeah agreed, 70k is honestly out of the majority of people's budgets and cost vs capability argument would have to enter somewhere. Plus there's some incredible craftsmen out there who can build. It's cool though how much traction our trucks have received in the after market scene. I dig it

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah agreed, 70k is honestly out of the majority of people's budgets and cost vs capability argument would have to enter somewhere. Plus there's some incredible craftsmen out there who can build. It's cool though how much traction our trucks have received in the after market scene. I dig it

Fo show.. That's on up there..

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pretty sure you could dump that kind of cash into a race chassis fairly quickly. Depends on the class you want to race in. Not the Vintage class for NORRA. That's not just a show n shine chassis.

TTownEP

Where did you guys see this price? Their other full chassis are $12-17k.

I see this is more involved, but still...

aisawalsh

I emailed them for a price (purely out of curiosity), $65K c/w standard features. If you want to run a coyote engine you need their custom oil pan $1650, add Baer brakes on all four corners + brake lines $9K, front/rear drive shafts $2100 so for roughly $78,000.00 you can have one hell of a nice bronco frame & suspension.