• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Ol Blue Build, no longer topless

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
After i finished up all the welding and painting i bolted on the 4x4x2 box... The fit was a little tight but everything cleared. ;D

I also installed the new power steering pump.

Attachments

• iphone 053 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 053 - Copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 136
  • iphone 058.jpg
    iphone 058.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I still need to run the power steering lines and fab up the lower steering shaft before the steering is finished.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Tito suggested i keep an eye out on craigslist for tires so i looked and found a pretty good deal (1/2 price) on a set of 1 month old KM2's. The guy i bought them from had them put on his jeep and decided he needed to go to 37's. It felt good rescuing them from a jeep owner. lol ;D

4 of the tires were used and 1 (the spare) is brand new. I compared the tread of the new one to the others and it was the exact same!

Now i just need new rims. LOL %)

Attachments

• iphone 063 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 063 - Copy.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 123
  • iphone 065.jpg
    iphone 065.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 107
  • iphone 066 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 066 - Copy.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 87

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Today i was feeling froggy before work so i knocked out the rear brakes...
Installed new shoes, wheel cylinders, and longer e-brake cables to compensate for the lift.

I realize everyone on here knows what drum brakes look like but i also know people like to see pictures so here ya go...

Attachments

• iphone 074.jpg
    iphone 074.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Nice score! Now you saved some change so you can get some Racelines :-X
https://www.wildwestoffroad.com/catalog/Allied-Beadlocks/Monster-RT/prod_5.html
295 each!

Or the steel 17s from 4wheel parts work too. I need to pick up a spare 17 for my spare still. Keep wanting to order another raceline to match but havent pulled the trigger.

There is also an amazing deal on these right now, $154 each for 17s!!!!

http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-1158-rt71-rock-mod-steel.aspx

Heck yeah! I was going to text you for that first link but you beat me to it. :D

Next i'll have to buy some new bumpers so i can mount the spare. hahaha does it ever end!?!?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
wowow ...hold on a sec ... new tires new wheels ????
how wide are your current rims ??

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Nope, never ends lol
And be sure to shop used also on the bumpers, will save you a ton!

Will do. I look on here all the time and never see any come up. I guess I just need to be patient. ;)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You should get on the NorCalbroncos.com board also, at least to shop, the Bronco parts train does amazing things lol
A protofab rear with tire rack and cooler/can rack for 500 OBO was just on there. I got my bumpers on there also.
Most of my wheeling trips is with the NC crew. Several members in Fresno area and a few of us from Bakersfield on there.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
You should get on the NorCalbroncos.com board also, at least to shop, the Bronco parts train does amazing things lol
A protofab rear with tire rack and cooler/can rack for 500 OBO was just on there. I got my bumpers on there also.
Most of my wheeling trips is with the NC crew. Several members in Fresno area and a few of us from Bakersfield on there.

Wow that's a great deal! I registered on the NorCal forum a few days ago after you stopped by but my account says its still waiting on admin approval. I'll definitely keep an eye out on there too.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Ok everyone, I haven't made much progress for a while because i've been working a lot lately. I have managed to get a couple of things done though so its time for a small update.

First:

I needed to rework the steering shaft after i installed the 4x4x2 box. To do this i just added a couple Double-D U-joints.

Its a really easy job and Wild Horses has a really good video on how to do it on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6VJSzaojI&list=UU9j7411lFjOPsb_XDgsuueg&index=17&feature=plcp

Attachments

• iphone 033 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 033 - Copy.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 144
  • iphone 035 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 035 - Copy.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 147
  • iphone 032 - Copy.jpg
    iphone 032 - Copy.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 148
  • iphone 029.jpg
    iphone 029.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I also sold my rims to Franko so he could get some use out of them and i'd have a little more room in the garage + some extra play money for the bronco.

Franko, i hope they're working out for you! ;D I'm glad they could go to a fellow bronco brother.

Now that my old wheels were on the way to Florida, it was time for some new ones.
The ones that i've been wanting since i bought the bronco are made by Raceline and it just so happened that my buddy Tito had a discount code for 33% off direct from Raceline!!!
Thanks again Tito!

A cople clicks of the mouse and 2 days later 5 of these showed up at my front door ;D :

Attachments

• iphone 080.jpg
    iphone 080.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 113
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Ok now that i have the rims its time to start mounting them.
Its a tedious job tightening and torquing all the bolts down but it goes pretty quick. My plan is to just knock 1 out every night till they're done.

1 down, 4 to go:

Attachments

• iphone 112.jpg
    iphone 112.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
You're a machine Tito. Doing 5 of those at once would make for a long day...