• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY 1972 Ford Bronco 351W 3 on tree-$23k OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gullajrfd

I don't want to do this but I have to.

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/d/1972-vintage-ford-bronco/6390745273.html

I bought it from someone in MI. The best that I can tell, this bronco has spent most of its life in Georgia. The original engine was a 302 and was switched out with a 351W. The VIN stamp from the engine pairs it with a 1971 LTD. The 289/302 & 351 all mount the same so no modification was needed. It does not burn oil or have a heavy smoke exhaust. Compression tests done in 2011 came back normal. It is a 3 on the tree. The 2 barrel carburetor was rebuilt along with changing to an electronic ignition and having the clutch and clutch plate reworked. All major work was completed by a Ford dealership in Kansas City. This includes the breaks, drive train and steering. It runs, drives, and looks great. The interior was done last winter. This was not restored but had a lot of work done to it. Most components were purchased from Tom's Bronco or Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. Below is a list of all items that were done to the Bronco around 2011:
Radiator/Tie Rod/Pittman Arm
Power Steering Kit
4 Wheel Power Disc Brake Kit
Wheel Bearings, Set of 4
Rear Disc Brake Hose, Braided Stainless
Interior Bar Grab Handle
Interior Bar - Family 6 Point
Side Mirror, Fold Away
Soft Top, Black DENIM
Rear Drive Shaft
Drive Shaft Bolt and U Bolt Kit
Transfer Case Yolk
Adjustable Drive Link
Front & Rear Shocks
U Joints
Suspension Bushings
Tie Rod Driver
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Brake Lights
Radiator Fan
Radiator Support Brackets
Starter
Alternator
Clutch
Clutch Plate

The following were done last winter:

Radio
Speaker-2 front, 2 year, and 2 mid-range tweeters
Both front floor pans
Entire interior insulated with fake dynomat (roofing material)
Vinyl floor
Seat belts
Steering wheel
Battery
Seats and locking center console
Solenoid

The only things I think it needs are mostly cosmetic. The driver's side rocker panel has a crack in the bondo but is mostly solid metal. The passenger front fender has a minor dent. The hood has some dings. The dash was the only thing not done on the interior. All these could be easily repaired.

This is a solid truck that with some minor work could be worth a lot more.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice!

But give it a month or two to get serious. I sold two here and it took that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.