• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 wagon, but has a bulkhead with a spare

10 Year Build

I have a 69 that I recently bought and it is a wagon but has a bulkhead with a spare and no spare swing arm on the back and no back seat. Did it come stock this way?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have a 69 that I recently bought and it is a wagon but has a bulkhead with a spare and no spare swing arm on the back and no back seat. Did it come stock this way?

Swing away spare carrier was an option as was the rear seat. Bulkhead was standard unless a rear seat was ordered.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yes, could be stock this way. A wagon with a bulkhead is called a delivery model.

djhudson05

I have an original 69 with bulkhead and no back seat. Also parted a rusty 70 a few years ago that had the full top and bulkhead.

BradinEDH

Contributor
My 68 had one too. I thought it was added in, but after further inspection it came that way. Good to know they called it a delivery model.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I think this is from 66 or 67....

38da3fa9c193c775cac568c65ab81b97.jpg

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 69 wagon (11/68 build) with a Bulkhead and original back seat and the tire carrier mounted inside the tailgate.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have a 69 wagon (11/68 build) with a Bulkhead and original back seat and the tire carrier mounted inside the tailgate.

It would interesting to see a Marti report on yours.

Maybe a bulkhead could be ordered with a rear seat model to allow people to switch back and forth. Doesn’t make sense to have both installed.

TBoyd

Loc.
The Woodlands
So, it seems I have a ‘69 “delivery” model... if I wanted to mount a half cab... would it flange up to the bulkhead?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
So, it seems I have a ‘69 “delivery” model... if I wanted to mount a half cab... would it flange up to the bulkhead?

It is the same bulkhead, mounted in the same position, so yes.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My 68 had one too. I thought it was added in, but after further inspection it came that way. Good to know they called it a delivery model.

This 'delivery model' name has come up in the past year or two. I've never seen any factory documentation that refers to it as such. Anyone have something that states that?

Thanks,
Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, agreed, lets see if the "delivery model" traces back to something other than someones creative eBay chatter. Bueller?

Also, your interior code will be the deciding factor as to whether you had a rear seat or not.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where is a good source for the interior codes? Bronco Ohio does not have this.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mine has a 9U Body Code. Parchment Rosette Seats with Back Seat.

Where can the Body Code info be found?

I do have an original Bulkhead and Back Seat, which seems kinda strange/unique. Marti Report states Back seat. Nothing for Bulkhead other than the original holes and the bulkhead itself.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Elmer is that same configuration. No back seat and a bulk head with spare mounted. You can see pics in our garage. I believe it was also called a ranch wagon as well as delivery wagon.

chuckyb

Contributor
I also have a 68 Wagon (U15, March 68 Build). It came originally equipped with bench seat, bulkhead, no back seat and swing-away spare tire rack with ranch hand bracket. Many years ago I provided my VIN to Ford Customer Service for vehicle history. Their documentation stated that the swing away tire carrier was an option.

68 EB

Loc.
Fort Atkinson, WI
I also have a 68 Wagon (U15, March 68 Build). It came originally equipped with bench seat, bulkhead, no back seat and swing-away spare tire rack with ranch hand bracket. Many years ago I provided my VIN to Ford Customer Service for vehicle history. Their documentation stated that the swing away tire carrier was an option.

My 68' is set up exactly the same.